Home Ratings & Reviews

Alec Bradley Family Blend

curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
Alec Bradley Family Blend
Size : T11 6.1 x 52
COROJO/CRIOLLO , HONDURAS , MEDIUM-FULL
First light : Must old cardboard, unpleasant taste, no real aroma
First Draw : Reminds me of an old White Owl. God help me
First third: I am trying here, I get nuthin. No character, no real flavor, no spice, just musty smoke. So I plug on.
2nd Half: Again I get Nuthin, same, unpleasant. Same smoke output same draw. NUTHIN !
Final Third : Cant hack it ! This one has to go !

Now I am a Fan Of Alec Bradley. A good cigar line.
Really Like the Tempus, Presado, and the American Blend.
But this, I am at a loss
So there ya go. An opinion only. But mine is "Wtf" was that ?
Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961

Comments

• denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I really like the AB Family blend. sorry to hear it was no good for you
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only tried one and that's pretty much my feeling on it went to. Wasn't thrilled with the harvest blend either.
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    I had the same felling about this cigar as well. The I do enjoy the tempus and SCR to bad the SCR is discontinued.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the no nonsense compact review!! Very helpful for those that need pictures and have a short attention span.
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    I like the no nonsense compact review!! Very helpful for those that need pictures and have a short attention span.
    I really wanted to take picts, but was to busy scratching my head wondering "WTF" ??? :)
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
    Curtpick... you are not alone. I tried and tried to like this stick. Gave up after 10.
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    One of the only cigars ive ever chucked out the window. yuck.
    dennisking:
    I really like the AB Family blend. sorry to hear it was no good for you
    Message to you dennis
    One think I like about cigars is how different everyone's palates are. It makes for some good discussion. It's been a couple years since I lit up a Family Blend but from my mental notes, I remember savory flavors with rich tobacco. I'm looking forward to trying these again Curt
    dennisking:
    One think I like about cigars is how different everyone's palates are. It makes for some good discussion. It's been a couple years since I lit up a Family Blend but from my mental notes, I remember savory flavors with rich tobacco. I'm looking forward to trying these again Curt
    PM to yo dennis
    this guy Curt, he's making a name for himself. Top notch I say, top notch
    Got a very special pack today from Curt. What a stand up BOTL
    dennisking:
    Got a very special pack today from Curt. What a stand up BOTL
    Enjoy Dennis !
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicely done Curt!
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Agree with you man. After getting the AB sampler pack awhile ago I haven't found one I really liked (including the Prensado) other than, oddly enough, the AB Connecticut, which is strange because I generally don't like milder cigars.
    raisindot:
    Agree with you man. After getting the AB sampler pack awhile ago I haven't found one I really liked (including the Prensado) other than, oddly enough, the AB Connecticut, which is strange because I generally don't like milder cigars.

The Presando and Tempus are by far their best blend.
    Now I just love the American Classic when others cant stand it.
    Its a wonderful thing tobacco .
    Some like some leaf some others.
  • AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
    The only AB I have truely liked is the SCR and they are hard to come by. Fortunately, there are a few other brands out there!
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    curtpick:
    raisindot:

This is a little off topic, but have you tried the Maxx Brazil? I have never tried the maxx line, but I really enjoy a brazilian wrapper.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    curtpick:
    raisindot:

This is a little off topic, but have you tried the Maxx Brazil? I have never tried the maxx line, but I really enjoy a brazilian wrapper.
    I've never tried the MAXX but it's on my "like to sample" list. If you have one you'd like to trade for another AB (or something else) feel free to PM me.
    Gray4lines:
    curtpick:
    raisindot:

No I have not. Its not on my list but if one were handed to me or it was in a sampler I would try it. So many cigars.....
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Lucky me, I have one of these. Time to fire it up and report.
    Rain:
    Lucky me, I have one of these. Time to fire it up and report.
    A brazil, or a family blend?
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Family. Sorry about the confusion haha.
    oh... fart
  • Cigar-720216Cigar-720216 Posts: 1
    Post embargo very nice mmmm
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Post embargo very nice mmmm
    I guess you have to have at least 10 posts before they can start making sense.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭