Home Ratings & Reviews

Legado de Pepin

beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
Any thoughts on this stick? I just smoked one from the forum sampler and it was quite good. Excellent construction and the aged habano wrapper was delicious. I also see it is on the Daily Cigar Deal. Thinking about picking some up.

Comments

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    Any thoughts on this stick? I just smoked one from the forum sampler and it was quite good. Excellent construction and the aged habano wrapper was delicious. I also see it is on the Daily Cigar Deal. Thinking about picking some up.
    Wanna go in halvsies on one???? you send me 5 Ill send you twenty bucks
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    The Kid:
    beatnic:
    done!
  • Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    The Kid:
    beatnic:
    done!
    anyone else want to do this? i would like to go in half on this daily deal. send me 5 and i will send you 20 bucks like the above post.....
    beatnic:
    The Kid:
    beatnic:
    done!
    pm replied
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Ok guys. Better be good. I bit ! :)
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
    Anyone let me know if you want to do a split
    Rail Jockey:
    Ya I'll do it PM at you.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rail Jockey:
    I will Michael
    Bigshizza:
    Rail Jockey:
    I will Michael
    Beat ya !! LOL
    Pm to you shizza
    curtpick:
    Bigshizza:
    Rail Jockey:
    I will Michael
    Beat ya !! LOL
    Curtpick, sorry I saw shizzas first
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rail Jockey:
    curtpick:
    Bigshizza:
    Rail Jockey:
    I will Michael
    Beat ya !! LOL
    I just ordered them so... I will PM you Michael when they come in... PM me yo addy..sorry Curt... PM me your addy anyways.
    Bigshizza:
    Rail Jockey:
    curtpick:
    Bigshizza:
    Rail Jockey:
    I will Michael
    Beat ya !! LOL
    I just ordered them so... I will PM you Michael when they come in... PM me yo addy..sorry Curt... PM me your addy anyways.
    Sure. Fine. Be that way!!! Kidding of course gents!!! Enjoy! '
    Bigshizza:
    Rail Jockey:
    curtpick:
    Bigshizza:
    Rail Jockey:
    I will Michael
    Beat ya !! LOL
    Do me and Beatnic send our addy' to ya too,,,lmbo.. You da man SHizz!!! ;o)
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the assurance...I have to get one.
    beatnic:

Ok had one. Lets say its a Mild/Medium Smoke. With a somewhat different taste than his other lines. I will leave it at that not to ruin it for you.
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Anymore input on these? Going to stock humi at club, (not mine the club's humi) your opinion please.....
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
    By five first. Just my opinion. I have 10 coming if you want a stick send me your addy and I can get Them out tomorrow. Just put it this way this ain't the blues.
    I got much less spice. More earthy peaty flavor. Smooth good draw. Good burn.leather undertones. Long finish. Not a favorite but not bad either. Will take a certain pallette to really enjoy. Hope that helps.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    1/3 in now. I will say the spice on the first few draws was everything I've heard about pepin. It settles down quite nicely from there. I keep getting hints of black licorice or maybe fennel on the finish. Draw so far is great and burn razor sharp. Shes holding a one inch ash.

burn is a little funky around the half way point, nothing a light touch up wont take care of. Spice has calmed down even more and I'm missing the licorice finish.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK fellas. Looking for feedback from all of you who split the tens. Any advice? They just had a box of 20 churchills on the spint sale and it looks like it sold at $76 & change. That's less than $4 a stick. Is it wort it?
    Was lookin for a stick to smoke tonight,,Beatnic and I did a split and theyve been resting since,, i'll get back to ya
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I like all things DPG
    Bob Luken:
    OK fellas. Looking for feedback from all of you who split the tens. Any advice? They just had a box of 20 churchills on the spint sale and it looks like it sold at $76 & change. That's less than $4 a stick. Is it wort it?
    My answer is No, not box worthy. Your probably wanting a reason....... Mind you this is only after having one cigar, I will try another in about a year (not that I expect it to get much better). The main reason is the cigar was way too harsh. It was a hot smoke. At times it was like smoking paper. I am not a fan. If ya like I'll send ya one to sample.

It pains me to say such things about a DPG cigar as I like most everything that comes out of his factories. I really wanted to like it, but I didnt. Maybe a bum stick,, but after that one Im not in a hurry to smoke another.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback :)