Home Cigar 101

New to cigars and I really enjoyed the Black Pearl morados

I'd sure hate to miss out on other delicious flavors of cigars, but I don't want to waste my money on harsh tasting cigars that I don't enjoy. So....

Can anyone point me towards a mellow, smooth almost spicy/perfumey (that's what I get a hint of at least when I enjoy a morado!) cigar that might fit the bill?

Appreciate anyone's input. I'm totally new to this but I'm really enjoying the Pinar Del Rio Reservas and the Black Pearl Morados!

Best,
Mario

Comments

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Black Pearl Morados are a very good cigar. Also a very good deal Enjoy them and your tastes will grow. Welcome to our world. Introduce yourself on the newbie thread. You'll have a wondrous time. PS. Stay away from a guy named Mike. I'm just sayin.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Black Market, Undercrown, Mi Amor, Bueso, oliva G Maduro, Oliva MBIII
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mroberti:
    I'd sure hate to miss out on other delicious flavors of cigars, but I don't want to waste my money on harsh tasting cigars that I don't enjoy. So.... Can anyone point me towards a mellow, smooth almost spicy/perfumey (that's what I get a hint of at least when I enjoy a morado!) cigar that might fit the bill? Appreciate anyone's input. I'm totally new to this but I'm really enjoying the Pinar Del Rio Reservas and the Black Pearl Morados! Best, Mario
    Hey Mario. I'm new to this friendly forum and I still consider myself new to cigars. (About two years now.) I would advise you to keep a supply of what you "know" you already like, and ask about and try everything else you can. As far as harshness goes, I've learned that harsh cigars have only been 'harsh" because I puffed too hard & often and allowed the cigar to overheat. Slow and steady wins the flavor. LOL. Watch the videos on youtube on how to light and enjoy your cigars. Those videos are informative. I would also suggest you take notes in a diary or notebook (or computer, with photos). Tape the cigar bands beside your notes. Doesn't matter what you write, but at least record whether you would smoke one again or pass on it even if the price was right (or free). I have not done any of this diary stuff so far and I regret that. I might as well start now, right? (I'm anxious to try the Morados myself. Good price too!)
    Fellow newbie, Bob
  • mrobertimroberti Posts: 2
    Thanks everyone for your replies!! I'm taking everyone's advice and recommendations. Looks like it's going to be a pleasant journey!

-Mario
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    You know, it is hard to know what you will and will not like until you try it. I've seen alot of people differ on their opinions of a cigar. I used to think that I will save money by finding something I like and buy a box of it. The way things are today with so many good cigars out there, I think the samplers are the way to go in the beginning.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    mroberti:
    Thanks everyone for your replies!! I'm taking everyone's advice and recommendations. Looks like it's going to be a pleasant journey! -Mario
    you can also call one of the fine reps here and they can set you up with a custom sampler bro.
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    Black Pearl Morados are a very good cigar. Also a very good deal Enjoy them and your tastes will grow. Welcome to our world. Introduce yourself on the newbie thread. You'll have a wondrous time. PS. Stay away from a guy named Mike. I'm just sayin.
    Why you no good for nuttin.....lol I always wants to help........:-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
    catfishbluezz:
    mroberti:
    Thanks everyone for your replies!! I'm taking everyone's advice and recommendations. Looks like it's going to be a pleasant journey! -Mario
    you can also call one of the fine reps here and they can set you up with a custom sampler bro.
    Or you could just pm me your addy and I could probably locate 1 or 2 from fishy's list...or all of them:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    MVW67:
    beatnic:
    Go Badgers!!!!!
    beatnic:
    MVW67:
    beatnic:
    Go Badgers!!!!!
    Lol it has been quiet for you..........:-)