Wow - Neil Diamond at Red Sox game "singing" Sweet Caroline

AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
Thoughts?
"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    What are the "Red Sox"? ;)
  • AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
    A baseball team that occasionally plays the Texas Rangers. That help? :)
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Neil has a wonderful voice. With that being said, kinda sappy, if you know what I mean.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha, my grandma used to love neil diamond. Every thanksgiving and christmas I remember neil diamond holiday records playing in her house. Great voice! I did not hear him perform, was he still good?
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    Neil has a wonderful voice. With that being said, kinda sappy, if you know what I mean.
    sappy.? after what happened in Boston .... Poor choice of words. That's played every home game...not that you know that....I see it as touching.
  • bwcarter54bwcarter54 Posts: 142
    I think its awsome!
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Now kids..
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Rain:
    Now kids..
    I was a kid in the 60s when I first heard Neil Diamond. I thought it was sappy then. JMO I have no idea what he did at the game. Sorry if it sounded insensitive. Kids??????
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh, i didnt know the significance of the song
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    That's pretty cool if he showed up to sing it in person since it's something they play at every home game. Good show of support for a grieving community by Neil. I'll have to youtube this later.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's nothing like being in Fenway Park in the eighth inning and the whole stadium sininging Sweet Caroline, I have been there 3 times and it is amazing. Even the Yankees played it during there game the day after the bombings in there stadium. Very classy New York. " Boston Strong"