Home Non Cigar Related

Bad day on the Illinois river( glad it's not me)

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
image And after they started sinking.image

Comments

• Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    DAMN!! Where we these taken? I'm in Peoria and I was planning to take a ride to a couple of the bridges tomorrow and Monday, if I have the time from battling the flood in my basement. It is sad to see these sink, but, I am not really surprised. They are predicting a record breaking crest. It will not be a pretty site along the rive over the next week.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Weren't we talking about how low the river was just a short few months ago? Looks like its' boiling here.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    Weren't we talking about how low the river was just a short few months ago? Looks like its' boiling here.
    The river went dry because of global warming. Now it's overflowing because of global warming. Next thing you know it will be back to normal because of global warming. Dang that pesky carbon.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was at Marsielles lock yesterday 4 barges sunk, 1 barge against the dam. And to top it off their blocking the flow so that upper pool is coming up faster. The rumor is they might cause the town to get flooded out.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    yup that drought really hurt bad. Now they are dealing with an early thaw coupled with lots of rain in the last week. The end is coming!