Home Cigar 101

Too many cigars.

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
I know, "how can you have too many?" I bought too many samplers and mazos last weekend. Bought a couple of new humidors too. I know, I know. I've gotten the cart ahead of the horse. 20 + 10 + 16 + 20 + 12 + Oh hell, I've lost track! What do I do to rig up a quick coolidor or tupperdore or should I use gallon ziplocks and a few round gel-bead humidifiers? Until the new humidors are humidified properly, what would you do?

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gallon bags and a humicare pack will work for a few weeks. Any kind of tupperware or plastic container will work, but be careful of overhumidifying! Most definitely dont rush to throw your sticks in an unseasoned humi. They will be just fine in baggies or containers for quite a while. If you have a digital hygo, calibrate it and throw it in the bag with your sticks.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Gallon bags and Boveda. I have this problem all the time.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Gray. I think I will do the bag thing. It'll be the easiest option too.
    Thanks ddubridge, I'll be able to pull that off easy.
    Great!

And welcome to the forum!

How big are the humidors that you bought? I just recently started a coolidor, and I have to say I really love it. It took 1 day and $63 to make enough space for hundreds and hundreds of 'gars. Definitely a good backup storage option. I move cigars from cooler to humidor as I want to get around to smoking them.

I just mention that to say, cooler are not difficult or expensive to do, but for now I think baggies will do the job for ya.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha --- too many cigars. You're a funny guy, Bob.
    :-D

Good advice from gray and d-dubs, should hold you over for a couple weeks until your humis are good and seasonsed.

Welcome to the forum, brother. Kick back, relax, fire up a nice cigar and enjoy it!
    Check the "General Discussion" section for a couple "newbie" threads with lots of good info (I just bumped them for ya).

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

Thanks for the warm welcome. Two models are on the way one advertised at holding 100 and the other holding 125 although I'm not expecting them to hold that much because last experience with new humi that advertised @ 100 cigar capacity and when I finally got it full I only counted 85. But after having it for about a year I just love the smell of all that cedar and tobacco mixed together. Speaking of coolidors, I've been reading up on coolidor setups recently and I'm really thinking about that for my next step. Have you seen the website called Coolidor.com? It's got lots of useful supplies and instructions and Spanish cedar trays. (Make sure you scroll way down to see the step by step instructional ideas.)
    Bob Luken:
    Have you seen the website called Coolidor.com? It's got lots of useful supplies and instructions and Spanish cedar trays. (Make sure you scroll way down to see the step by step instructional ideas.)
    I have not seen that, but I will look! I have been wanting maybe a tray or 2. I love the cedar smell as well! Also, there are numerous threads on here detailing cooler prep. I have one somewhere too, as it was my first time using kitty litter (yes) as a humidifier. Still going strong!
  • Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    I am having the same problem. I see good deals and cant pass them by. I have 2 more desktop humidors on the way. 1 a 120 and the other a 50-60. Thinking about upgrading to a cabinet style humidor. This will be 5 desk tops.
  • AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
    You all have a problem...... why do you need more than one humidor?..... how many cigars do you need? What if we need the cooler?..... wait, sorry everyone.... that was just my wife's voice echoing in my head.
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum! I also bought a 75 qt. cooler, and quickly ran out of room. Next I bought a 165 qt. cooler...now I am good. My advice to you, is to buy the biggest cooler you can!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AVJim:
    You all have a problem...... why do you need more than one humidor?..... how many cigars do you need? What if we need the cooler?..... wait, sorry everyone.... that was just my wife's voice echoing in my head.
    +1 too funny..agreed
  • StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    +2 I hear that from my wife, and daughter daily!!!
    Stsepas:
    +2 I hear that from my wife, and daughter daily!!!
    My wife tells me I deserve more cigars. :D:D:D
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    AVJim:
    this is what my wallet says to me when I'm putting cigars in the humi lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
    Lee.mcglynn:
    AVJim:
    HAHAHAHAA!!! I do not see a difference!!!
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    AVJim:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    AVJim:
    HAHAHAHAA!!! I do not see a difference!!!
    the only difference really is I don't have too hear it from a wife and wallet...just the wallet lol
    Money can't buy taste
    Well, the first shipment "from ccom" came today. Ten pack of clearance sale "Angelinos 2009" and the ten pack "Opulent Churchill Collection". These two selections came packaged in separate cigar.com ziplock bags with a humipack each. So I'll just leave those alone, at least for now. The 20 count bundle of Rocky Patel Royal Vintage came tighly bundled but without humipack or ziplock. I have those in a gallon ziplock with a Boveda69. So far so good. Got both humidors today. More cigars from CI and (You‘llbitchatmeifItellyou.com) to arrive tomorrow. Thanks guys, for the advice on my storage plan.
    Bob Luken:
    Well, the first shipment "from ccom" came today. Ten pack of clearance sale "Angelinos 2009" and the ten pack "Opulent Churchill Collection". These two selections came packaged in separate cigar.com ziplock bags with a humipack each. So I'll just leave those alone, at least for now. The 20 count bundle of Rocky Patel Royal Vintage came tighly bundled but without humipack or ziplock. I have those in a gallon ziplock with a Boveda69. So far so good. Got both humidors today. More cigars from CI and (You‘llbitchatmeifItellyou.com) to arrive tomorrow. Thanks guys, for the advice on my storage plan.
    Nice pick-ups! Youll have to show us when your humidors are all up and running
  • bwcarter54bwcarter54 Posts: 142
    Too many cigars? Where exactly do you live? Don't see a big problem here. Call me!