MADURO , MEDIUM-FULL , NICARAGUA

Construction : Torpedo, Good Build, Visible seams
Draw : Excellent
Burn :Excellent
Spice : On draw, fleeting at finish
Pepper : Soft White Pepper
Aroma : Semi Sweet Tobacco mixed with Semi sweet Spice and Coffee/Carmel
Complexity : Outstanding
First light : I immediately get a blast of white pepper and spice with a superb finish of sweet aged oak and espresso
1/3 into I get the slight white pepper spice and undertones of mellow aged oak with a slight sweetness, finish is smooth and last until the next draw, just starting to loose the pepper here
2/3 into it The pepper has calmed 2/3, retrohale still proves there is some pepper left but does not effect the palette or throat. A creamy aftertaste.The cigar now is mellowing a lot and comes to an almost creamy finish with hints of sandalwood and slight charred barreled oak. Finish now is very smooth
Final third into it, the spice and pepper still there but even more mellow now, Aroma is tantalizing sweet almost caramel smelling. Cigar is getting a bit warm at the two finger mark burn is razor sharp as it has been throughout. Finished the cigar around 1hr 15 minutes.

In a nutshell: Overall a superb complex smoke,perfect =near, I really enjoyed the smoke so much It's now on my top 5 list by far.
If I have the opportunity I will invest in a box of these. Problem is they are very hard to find. This is the way a Muduro should taste. Awesome Awesome smoke
I rate using a 1 to 5 scale with each digit quartered
My Rating on this fine stogie: 4.75

Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961

Comments

• pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Pm to you sir.
  • armaes8armaes8 Posts: 279
    The Oliva V IMO , one of the best that you can get your hands on. Honestly it does not matter what size or shape you get. The Oliva V never disppoints. NEVER. I can't say enough about the quality and taste this stick produces each and evey time. Thanks for the review Im going to fire one up right now.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    which year v maddy was it?
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe a 2010/ i love v maduros too!
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    maybe a 2010/ i love v maduros too!
    I think the 2010's were torps and the 2011's were toro's,, love the toro's
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Not certain. Been in my humi for a few months at least
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    1:15?? Man, it takes me almost 2 hours to get through one of these. I love em. Sweet chocolate spice. Aroma out of this world.
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    I was actually a little awed how fast I smoked it too.
    But it burned cool and sharp until around where I would have expected it to.
    The two finger mark.
    Now mind you you could have got another 10 or 15 if you had to. But 2.
    Not me.
    And yes its a torpedo.
    Ya man its aroma is to die for.