Home Cigar 101

Have I killed my cigars????

dwayne3307dwayne3307 Posts: 272
Ok so here's my situation...since march i've been using the Boveda humidification packs in my humidor. I've got a 100-150 ct humidor(has a tray in it) but I only have 40 or so cigars in it. So towards the end of May the battery dies in my hygrometer and I have yet to replace it. Now for the few months I had the hygrometer/packs together my humidity was always around 70%. At the begining of every month I replace my Broveda packs and at the begining of July I added one of the humi-care jars with the jelly looking stuff in it(i think it's Xicar brand). So now we've moved and I can't even find the hygrometer anymore and I know I should have one in there so I guess i'll grab a new one. So my question after all my yapping...What are my odds that the cigars are ok? Any suggestions on what to do? Thanks for any help!

Comments

• jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    I think everything is going to be okay.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have 2 humidors and one hygrometer. not only do i trust my beads but i trust how they feel and smoke. if they smoke fine, then you are fine.

if you kept up on the humi-pacs in there you should be fine
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Yeah , you should be good.. Over the years I have really done the minimum in maintaining humidity levels. In a seasoned humidor with charged beads, and a little "feel-up" of your cigars every once in a while, they should be fine..
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    if they smoke fine, then you are fine.
    Quoted for truth.

Your cigars are not going to up and die if they are not at 70%, they are much hardier than some would have you believe. Again I'll second kuzi in saying that if you've kept them humidified, then they should be A-Okay.
  • dwayne3307dwayne3307 Posts: 272
    thanks for putting my mind at ease!!