Home Cigar 101

My first mold spot.

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
Found a cigar in my small humi had a spot of mold on the cap. Yanked that sucker out and fired it up. It was in there naked. Doesn't appear that any other sticks were affected. Hopefully everything will be ok. I head to my boat in the morning so they will be on their own for a month.

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure you are good! I had that happen once (A gran habano Azteca had a little spot) so I smoked it up, and all was fine.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Found a cigar in my small humi had a spot of mold on the cap. Yanked that sucker out and fired it up. It was in there naked. Doesn't appear that any other sticks were affected. Hopefully everything will be ok. I head to my boat in the morning so they will be on their own for a month.
    Ship them over to me for a month. I will be sure you have no further issues with mold while you are gone. :)
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    One of these days we'll finally get you to convert to beads or litter pearls, no overhumidification and mold to worry about once you make the conversion. Unless you are really neglecting or overspraying that is. Hope yours was an isolated stick and you never see any mold again.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blurr:
    One of these days we'll finally get you to convert to beads or litter pearls, no overhumidification and mold to worry about once you make the conversion. Unless you are really neglecting or overspraying that is. Hope yours was an isolated stick and you never see any mold again.
    yeah I know. I keep planning on it.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly so far mold has only come from coffins!! I keep tubes coffins and unwrapped cigars at 65-65 and only the coffins produce the mold. Knock on wood but only have had a couple mole issues so far in my cigar journey
    Money can't buy taste
    Rhamlin:
    blurr:
    Planning on it...Planning in it. It will be headed your way. let me know when you are back at home and i'll send you a KL care package. With some extras of course.
    ddubridge:
    Rhamlin:
    blurr:
    Planning on it...Planning in it. It will be headed your way. let me know when you are back at home and i'll send you a KL care package. With some extras of course.
    lol ok brother will do. Only 4 weeks to go:(
    Rhamlin:
    ddubridge:
    Rhamlin:
    blurr:
    pn me when you get back Ricky. I already have a couple cigars with your name on them. Also, how much KL you need?
    Rhamlin:
    ddubridge:
    Rhamlin:
    blurr:
    pn me when you get back Ricky. I already have a couple cigars with your name on them. Also, how much KL you need?
    Hmm I don't really know. My small humi holds around 30 and my main humi holds around 160. I'm guessing around a half pound or a pound. I've got 2 of the large humi care rectangle humidifiers I thought I could fill them if they'd hold enough. What do you think? I also got a couple coffins.
    I would break open those humidifiers and fill them with kl. catfish does the tubo's with holes. That works really good for spreading the rh "love" around the humi. I go with the lady sock/mesh bag for the majority of mine, but I use all the methods. Haven't tried the coffin thing yet.

I'll see what I can throw together and send your way. Sounds like a got a couple weeks to plan. :)
  • ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Hmm I don't really know. My small humi holds around 30 and my main humi holds around 160. I'm guessing around a half pound or a pound. I've got 2 of the large humi care rectangle humidifiers I thought I could fill them if they'd hold enough. What do you think? I also got a couple coffins.
    Is that 160 reality or rated? I have a 300 count that only really holds around 160 stick. I have about a pound of KL spread between an aquarium bag in the bottom and 2 foam humidifiers I took apart and filled with KL in the lid. It holds rock solid and recovers from being open really fast.
    ehehat:
    Rhamlin:
    Is that 160 reality or rated? I have a 300 count that only really holds around 160 stick. I have about a pound of KL spread between an aquarium bag in the bottom and 2 foam humidifiers I took apart and filled with KL in the lid. It holds rock solid and recovers from being open really fast.
    Its a 300 ct. I think the most I ever had in it was 180 and that caused some of them to become kinda box pressed so now I leave breathing room in it.heres a pic I have it goes 3-4 deep depending on ring Gage's.image
    Oh and btw those Victor Sinclairs are no longer there. That was a crappy deal even at 20 for 20$. Big newb mistake.