Home Ratings & Reviews

Arturo Fuente Short Story--Wow!

raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
I was recently send a Fuente Short Story in a "bomb." I've never tried a Fuente before and didn't have high expectations, because I normally don't like Dominican cigars.

Wow. The sweetness of the wrapper grabbed me right away before my first draw. Everything about this--the draw, the medium-body, the smoothness--characteristics that I'm not always amenable to--were superb.

Since the label said "A Fuente Gran Reserva" I thought this was the particular model--then, after looking on some sites, it seems like most of the Fuentes use this same label. I have no idea whether the binder was a Maduro or something else.

So, my question is: While I love the cigar, I'd also like to find it in a little longer length with the same 48 ring gauge. Does anyone know if there are other Fuentes that have the same flavors/bulid/characteristics as the Shorty without breaking the bank?

Comments

• bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Try the Hemingway Signature. It's the same blend, but somewhere around a corona gorda size.
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bbass2:
    Try the Hemingway Signature. It's the same blend, but somewhere around a corona gorda size.

Their Cameroon wrapper is so good! They have a ton of sizes and some have Maduro wrappers and Sun-Grown wrappers. The natural wrapper will be the one found most often. Maduros are tougher to find and I have never seen the sun-grown in a B&M. The Between the Lines is the hardest to find and Is a barber pole. Now I want more! They really are one of the best short smokes.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Love the maduro the between the lines was ok but not worth the money IMO. They are a great smoke and don't stick to you like others do which is nice when you have a date lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
    The Hemingway is available in a bunch of sizes.... I am sure you will find one that works for you! The maduros are only available a couple times a year (I think it follws the same times as the Anejo release - before Father's Day and Christmas). Not sure on when/and if the Between the Lines is available again. All of them are yumy but I prefer the maduro Work of Art.
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Short Story is my fav fuente, glad u liked it.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Love the maduro the between the lines was ok but not worth the money IMO. They are a great smoke and don't stick to you like others do which is nice when you have a date lol
    When I smoke these I'm like "Mmmm, Oooo, Mmmm, Oooo, Mmmm"
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Vision:
    bbass2:

Their Cameroon wrapper is so good! They have a ton of sizes and some have Maduro wrappers and Sun-Grown wrappers. The natural wrapper will be the one found most often. Maduros are tougher to find and I have never seen the sun-grown in a B&M. The Between the Lines is the hardest to find and Is a barber pole. Now I want more! They really are one of the best short smokes.
    yup. that entire line is very good. the BTL is not worth it but the maduro and the cameroon is wonderful and worth every penny.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bbass2:
    Possibly my favorite cigar that I can actually afford, sometimes.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    AVJim:
    The Hemingway is available in a bunch of sizes.... I am sure you will find one that works for you! The maduros are only available a couple times a year (I think it follws the same times as the Anejo release - before Father's Day and Christmas). Not sure on when/and if the Between the Lines is available again. All of them are yumy but I prefer the maduro Work of Art.
    WOAM is my favorite of these too. Loved smoking them up but the size/shape was a pain in the azz in the humidor.
    Roberto99:
    AVJim:
    WOAM is my favorite of these too. Loved smoking them up but the size/shape was a pain in the azz in the humidor.
    Awww, it's not that bad! Worth it in my humble opinion! I have a special humidor that houses this pain in the azz.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    bbass2:
    Yup, if you like the short story then this would be my recommendation for about the same but longer. I still prefer the short story for some reason. Also I would say if you can get a work of art and a work of art maduro.
    When the Work of Art size are available, stock up. Especially the madudo. I believe that Best Seller maduros are still available from an online retailer that starts with a "T" (they were still avertising them in the most recent mailer). They are pretty darn good too. Just a bit smaller than the WOA.
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    These are addicting to say the least. My first one was the same for me and I smoked these by the box years ago and hardly smoked anything else. I rarely smoke them anymore for probably the same reason...if you hit a really good one that's all you want to smoke and I'm one of those who like diversity.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Love the short story, I have a signature sitting and waiting for the right day. Need to find some of the maduro to give them a try.