Home Ratings & Reviews

Plasencia 1898 robo

catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
Couldn't wait...lit one up tonight. Must say its a pretty damn good $2.50 medium smoke. Not really a flavor bomb or complex, and I think it would smoke best at a lower rh. Didnt get any make changes, but the finish is very long and very smooth. I think the tobacco is good, but the blend is maybe a bit odd and needs some time down. The retro is a bit stronger then I like, but not overpowering. As far as tasting notes, I wasn't in the mood for a full review as this is only my second cigar in the last week or so as I've been battling a cough. Def has some caramel undertones, honey, and general sweetness. The final third may be getting a bit sour, but not if I let it rest, which makes me think the wetness or 7 day travel time is affecting it. Either way, for $2.50...it's a win for me as I like medium stuff. If it improves, awesome...if not, I'm happy. My guess is a dark beer will go a long way with it.

Comments

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds kinda tasty.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Sounds kinda tasty.
    They've been showing up on the DD lately so I jumped. I honestly think it was a score for a cheapo. I dig it, and my guess is it will get better, not that it needs to, just that it will. I am going to dry box one overnight next time and see if the flavors change.
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Sounds pretty tasty, and sounds like they will only get better with a little age. I'm pretty much along your tastes anymore, medium even mild with flavor instead of strength. I think these just never caught on because so few people realize plasencia grows so much of their favorite tobacco. He just never gets the credit istead the blender or brand gets the credit for buying his tobacco and rolling it. These are going at almost clearance prices so worth a try I gather.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Bump...the corona is on the dd sub $3
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The DD description is of the Pueblo Dominicano, is there a relation?, or just an error?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Hoping just an error. I did notice my favorite size in the lineup is up on the DD today. Thats an awesome corona size...must resist...already bought 25 petit edmundos this week
  • ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    These are back up on the DD. Really hating my spending freeze.