MADURO/Conn Wrap & Jamastran Binder , MEDIUM-FULL , NICARAGUA/honduran
Construction : Great, Good Build, Visible seams
Draw : Good
Burn :Excellent/Superb
Spice : On draw, fleeting at finish
Pepper :None
Aroma : Semi Sweet Tobacco mixed with Semi sweet Spice/Caramel/Floral
Complexity : Little
First light :Creamy Chocolate, earthy, slight hint of wet leather spice,rich aroma and aftertaste,wonderful smooth finish

1/3 into I get slight wet leathery spice and undertones of mellow sweet aged oak with a slight floral taste, finish is smooth and last until the next draw very creamy and oily making the whole mouth salivate

2/3 into it No real change other than more floral characteristics in the finish, draw still good as is the burn

Final third into it, slight spice still there but even more mellow now, Aroma is tantalizing sweet almost caramel smelling. More earthy now, chocolate now bitter dark chocolate, now very oily smooth sweet finish. Cigar stayed cool and burned flawlessly through out. Finished the cigar around 1hr 45 minutes.

In a nutshell: Overall a semi complex smoke,perfect =no, good = yes. I enjoyed the smoke more so than the first 3 or 4 I smoked. This one had a few months in the humi and I do believe it made a huge difference for this smoke.

Its hard to put a number on this one. Its a Medium close to mild cigar with a great taste and little complexity. I did enjoy the taste even though I am a spice guy. This one had just a tad of spice.

Aroma is the winner here, the sweet floral aroma is wonderful, maybe one of the best I have experienced.

Absolutely no harshness on the retrohale and it made for an interesting smoke.

I rate using a 1 to 5 scale with each digit quartered
My Rating on this stogie: 3.75
Would I buy again ?
Yes !
Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961

Comments

• ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Nice review Curtpick, keep them coming.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree about the aroma, these smell awesome! And as you mentioned, these are surprisingly (to me) smooth, especially on the retro. Good write-up!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America