Home General Discussion

Not first time, but not a regular

I am not a regular cigar smoker by any means, but when a special occassion arrives I have to light one up.  My birthday is coming up, Friday in fact, and was wondering what were some other good cigars to get.  I have enjoyed some Punch's, Hoyo de Monterrey's, and then of course the typical swisher sweets and white owls (thumbs down for those two).  I guess my main question is, other than the Cusano 18, what are some other quality cigars.  Price range up to $30.

Thanks,
G.D.

Comments

• spidahspidah Posts: 12
    I am an avid Punch smoker however, I have been completley obsessed with just about anything Don Pepin Garcia is putting out these days.  Also try Edge By Rocky Patel and his Vintage 1992 line.
  • handypantzhandypantz Posts: 86
    Big fan of comancho's (expecially 1962) ... if you are looking for only a couple cigars might check out some of the medium or full samplers and pick and choose from there...they are great smokes and you cant go wrong
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭

duffman30098:
         Price range up to $30.

la aroura 100 anos,  or preferidos.

if you can find em anywhere an OpusX would be good.

God of Fire. 

Camacho 1962 pre-embargo.

im also a big fan of anything Gurkha

those are all great smokes.

Infact, last weekend i was visiting a friend out of town and was in his local B&M when i stumbled across some Maduro Preferidos.  and i said to him (and i quote) "If you are lookin to drop a little over $30 on two cigars, this would be cigar to buy."

of course he doesnt go online and the selection of his shot was kinda small... but whatever.  

• thanks, i'll go to a few of the local shops here, Lincoln, NE. and see what they have.
  • ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    I thoroughly enjoy the Padron line of smokes with the Maduro wrapper. Their high end line is the 26 and 64 series. To me, the 26 series has a bit more spice than the 64 and they are a few bucks more. Padron's "flagship" (if you will) is the 80th anniversary, which you might be able to find for 30 bucks. If not, you should be able to get your hands on the 40th anni for about 25 bucks. Again in my opinion be sure to get the Maduro wrapper. Have a wonderful "B"-day!!!!!
  • skiwawskiwaw Posts: 10
    Padron 1926 40th is a great birthday smoke at about 27 dollar smoke
    G.D. - How was you birthday and what did you end up smoking?
  • I went to my local shop, Ted's Tobacco, and was blown away by their huge selection. but anyways, I took his advice and bought a Macanudo, Helix, Ashton Cabinet Series, and Ashton VSG.  I gave the Macanudo to a friend, and didn't get a puff of it from him.  I also gave the Helix to a friend but this time because it was almost impossible to draw from.  I sold off the Ashton Cabinet Series to a friend who didn't have a cigar, with the anticipation of smoking the VSG a little later on.  When I went to smoke the VSG, it was gone.  I tore apart my car and called everyone who had come and gone to see if anyone had accidentally taken it. Nope, gone.  Luckily I was taken pity on and got to mooch a friends Playboy cigar, which was quite nice.  I found out the next day that my little brother's friend had broken into my car, stole it, and then ditched it in the woods. After a night of freezing temperature and light snow I found it, still in the plastic bag luckily, but the wrapper is now cracked and flaking away in a couple spots. That kid is dead.  So how much doctoring would this beauty need, or is it lost? Other than that it was a great b-day.
    Sounds like you had a bit of an adventure.... I'm glad to hear that were able to enjoy your day.
  • ChevyChevy Posts: 61
    Camacho triple maduro. What a great cigar, it may look a little scary with its oily dark wrapper but it is medium at best but exploding with flavors. Give one of those a try.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have yet to try the tripple maduro. i kinda wanna.