Home Ratings & Reviews

Rock Patel I-Press

JZJZ Posts: 827
If you havent had the chance to burn one of these yet, your missing out. I fired 1 up last night with a friend to celebrate the birth of my new baby! The cigar has a nice draw that is perfect and allows for a good quantity of smoke. The cigar is described a lot as being full bodied but I think it is more medium bodied. The flavor is good all the way down to the nub. If I had a roach clip I would have clipped it on and smoked the whole thing!

Comments

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I Press is a great smoke, good flavor all the way through. Cool box too ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I just got another one. The first one I had last year sometime had a draw that was way to easy and I only used a punch on it so I wasn't thrilled. Maybe a V cut will help better.
    rwheelwright:
    I just got another one. The first one I had last year sometime had a draw that was way to easy and I only used a punch on it so I wasn't thrilled. Maybe a V cut will help better.
    Have you smoked it yet?

"Long ashes my friends."

• Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    In your guys' opinions does the I-Press need a bit of age on it to be good? I've heard a few negative reviews and I'm hoping it is just due to not having enough age on it.
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    I don't think they need any aging. As long as the are properly stored they should be good to go. I had 1 last week and spent the next several days wanting to smoke another. in my opinion the flavor is amazing, great draw and large amount of smoke. I have a box of them and will be able to report at a later time if there are any notable changes 6 months to a year down the road. You shouldnt be disappointed with this smoke!
    Yeah, I really like the I-Press too. Too bad they don't make other sizes. I might even like them more than the Vintage 1990.

"Long ashes my friends."

• I really enjoyed the I Press. It is definetly my favorite RP at the time, although I havent had a decade yet and its been awhile since I have a renaissance.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    RickyDaniels:
    I really enjoyed the I Press. It is definetly my favorite RP at the time, although I havent had a decade yet and its been awhile since I have a renaissance.
    Hey Ricky, two of my favorite Rocky Patels are the Vintage 1992, and Nording. You should give them a try if you haven't yet. I usually enjoy the seasonal stuff too.. Winter 2008, Spring 2009 were both to my liking.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Krieg:
    rwheelwright:
    Have you smoked it yet?
    No not yet. Soon. Maybe in a month or two. Too much to smoke in the mean time.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    RickyDaniels:
    I really enjoyed the I Press. It is definetly my favorite RP at the time, although I havent had a decade yet and its been awhile since I have a renaissance.
    Ricky, if you haven't had a Decade yet...well dammit man, get on it. It is an excellent cigar, and I'm not much a fan of most RP smokes. Also, I second Kas on the Nording, not your typical RP cigar but damn good.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Read this thread last nite, and took an I-press to work with me this morning. Sometimes I forget how much I like them. I have some Decades I'm holding off on trying, gonna let them sit for a while, but I'm pretty sure it won't be long before I break and smoke a couple.
    cabinetmaker:
    Read this thread last nite, and took an I-press to work with me this morning. Sometimes I forget how much I like them. I have some Decades I'm holding off on trying, gonna let them sit for a while, but I'm pretty sure it won't be long before I break and smoke a couple.
    I smoked a Decade toro last weekend, awesome smoke. I also have the Decade Torpedo resting in my humi (which is the one that was rated 95). I can't wait to smoke that one.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I just had my first one after lunch with some coffee. I liked it a lot. Mine had a tendency to tunnel if I let it sit for too long, but other than that it was perfect. I think this one's going into my regular rotation.
    Russ55:
    I just had my first one after lunch with some coffee. I liked it a lot. Mine had a tendency to tunnel if I let it sit for too long, but other than that it was perfect. I think this one's going into my regular rotation.
    Since I am smoking a brisket tonight, I will be up late so I will probably be smoking one of those tonight along and one of my newly acquired Padilla miamis and might pair those with a nice glass of some Gentleman Jack.

"Long ashes my friends."

• fitch18fitch18 Posts: 4
    I did notice a slightly harder draw but it prolonged the life of the burn and made it a great experience! I really like the Rocky P's, I haven't found one I haven't enjoyed! I have reviewed a couple here

http://someofthefinerthings.blogspot.com/