Home Ratings & Reviews

Illusione MJ-12

Haven't written a review in a while, so here it goes! A friend I always seem to hook up at my local cigar club gave me an Illusione MJ-12 in return. I never heard of the brand but he raves about them. This guy has great taste in cigars - he's usually smoking San Lotano maduro's or LP #9's. At first I thought the cigar was a novelty because it comes wrapped in silver paper. I peeled off the paper and was greeted by a flawlessly-constructed cigar. Beautiful dark wrapper leaf, no soft spots, and a pretty understated band. I clipped it with my Xi2 and lit it up. I was treated to nearly 1 hour and 45 minutes of pure smoking pleasure. I love Nicaraguan puros and this is about as good as any I've had. Got great notes of rich tobacco and earthiness. If I had my buddy's budget I'd buy more of these. I will definitely be keeping a few on hand for special occasions. He said he has a couple of the 88's and wants to give me one to try so I'll write that up when I get it and try it. I also had no idea that CCOM sold these until I looked on the brands list. Seriously - give this brand a look.

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive actually never had one either, although I hear good things! I will have to pick some up sometime.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    I have had that stick and it is good, as well as all Illusiones I have had.

• perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    the Epernay le ferme is a great stick as well.
  • armaes8armaes8 Posts: 279
    I think most Illusiones are pretty tasty but I have to be in the mood for this particular stick. All lines are a good smoke, but my favorite is the HL-holy lance. You can't go wrong with any of them, just not in the category of an everyday smoke for me.