Home Ratings & Reviews

undercrown

deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
Even though I love the flavor profile...I will never buy another UC. Constant burn issues, horrible draw.......fk u I'm out. After probably 10 doing the same thing...enough is enough

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Last one I had blew up. Reports are hitting that the Herrera is blowing up as well, along with the replacements... Sucks hearing this stuff. I can't say I'll buy more, and I'll just save the few I have left for when I get the itch. I can say without a doubt, I have had a dozen DE sticks blow up on me from 9-FFP-UC-52
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Wow, the Herrera is blowing up, too? That is really disappointing, they worked f-o-r-e-v-e-r on that stick. I'll knock on wood for the DE sticks I have left. Just had a no.9 last weekend and it was beautiful. I've heard so many horror stories I just can't buy any more for a while.
  • kingdavid5kingdavid5 Posts: 293
    I have one UC that I'm going to let sit for a week to see if that makes a difference cause the last couple I have had have had burn issued and I have one to my cousin that blew up I need to find another go to cigar cause UC was always mine. Funny thing is I have went to the toro size and have had issues when I smoke the to robusto size in the past I can not remember having issues like I've been having now. So it may be the size you are smoking
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Wow i must have the best luck every with DE sticks. But i heard that they have the Herrera issue fixed now. But yeah there was many issues with those and the wrappers.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    Wow, the Herrera is blowing up, too? That is really disappointing, they worked f-o-r-e-v-e-r on that stick. I'll knock on wood for the DE sticks I have left. Just had a no.9 last weekend and it was beautiful. I've heard so many horror stories I just can't buy any more for a while.
    multiple reviewers had said their boxes were blowing up...and the replacements.... I really hope DE can get a handle on this, I love their stuff.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you guys make me nervous... I'm sitting on like 30 UC's I bought in March.

I hope they aren't all explosive
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Damn. Have a few UC left. And Some Liga 9's.
    Curious if I should just throw them away.... ;)
    The last 5 UC that I bought were about a month ago.
    I know one burnt a little wonky but never blew up.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Can someone define blowing up? Are we talking once lit and hot it splits or burn issues like Deej was indicating. I personally have never had any problems with DE sticks. I must be like J Hewey with the luck on that end. I purchased a fiver of UC when they came out and havent had any problems but I havent purchased anymore since that.
    curtpick:
    Damn. Have a few UC left. And Some Liga 9's.
    Curious if I should just throw them away.... ;)
    The last 5 UC that I bought were about a month ago.
    I know one burnt a little wonky but never blew up.
    Yeah, I've had a few cracks appear, but only once and I believe I may have knocked it. Those were "older" sticks though, from sometime last fall. Hope these new ones are the same quality.
    Bombay:
    Can someone define blowing up? Are we talking once lit and hot it splits or burn issues like Deej was indicating. I personally have never had any problems with DE sticks. I must be like J Hewey with the luck on that end. I purchased a fiver of UC when they came out and havent had any problems but I havent purchased anymore since that.
    When someone says blowing up, I think of busting wrappers, big cracks forming, and stuff like that as you are smoking the cigar.
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Wanna see one blow up ? Try it !
    Get a cheapy over humidified.
    Take it out to a nice hot dry atmosphere.
    Watch the show !
    LOL
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Gray4lines:
    Bombay:
    When someone says blowing up, I think of busting wrappers, big cracks forming, and stuff like that as you are smoking the cigar.
    This is what I was leaning towards Gray. I think I only have had one stick do this right at the beginning of my cigar career and it was due to overhumidifying and smoking in 100 degree weather. I dont often get the chance enjoy a cigar in super hot weather as I am usually enjoying the hobby early in the morning or in the evening.
    Bombay:
    Gray4lines:
    Bombay:
    This is what I was leaning towards Gray. I think I only have had one stick do this right at the beginning of my cigar career and it was due to overhumidifying and smoking in 100 degree weather. I dont often get the chance enjoy a cigar in super hot weather as I am usually enjoying the hobby early in the morning or in the evening.
    Yeah, over humidifying is usually the cause, unless all of your other cigars are fine and the DE's, for example, are the only ones busting.

Ive had a couple cigars pop open a little, once I know was because of temp change, although it was a gurkha too, and ive never had one rendered "unsmokable".
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    ill smoke a viaje over any DE stick anyday, everyday!
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    I have no troubles with any other stick out of my cooler, even the zodian smokec better than the UC i have had lately, I understand that it is a plant... but come on
  • kingdavid5kingdavid5 Posts: 293
    Can anyone suggest a similar or better when the profile of a UC I'm trying to find new smokes and being some what new to this I haven't been able to try allot
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    I had purchased 2 five paks and smoked one just to get a standard taste and this was after waiting 30 days. It was a good stick and no issues at all and I keep mine at 65%...I will probably smoke another one in the next week or so so I can get more of a baseline as to what more rest does for it. The jury is still out on this cigar and I have to think that about 9 months of rest will balance out this cigar. There just seems to be a rush to get cigars out and then trumpet them to be the second coming...that's the problem now days that marketing/advertising seems to jump the gun to keep up with their competition when it comes to bringing new product into the market.