Home Ratings & Reviews

panaceas by flatbed?

blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
Has anybody tried the panacea line by flatbed cigar company? Like the whole line or just a few specific blends. I've been thinking about getting some of the corojo white bolt size (4x50), or possibly the green pa broadleaf line, or even the red Habanos. They have this cool beer glass thing with a 7 pack of cigars I may try, and I've seen some positive reviews of the corojo. Anyone?

Comments

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely. I reviewed several of them here.

white bolt red robusto green robusto black natural

All top quality sticks

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• VisionVision Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Absolutely. I reviewed several of them here.

white bolt red robusto green robusto black natural

All top quality sticks

....And not to be an a-hole..... They are not that good or that I would really ever want to moke one agin..... for the most part.. They can be had for under $4 locally. The White Label was the only one worth the 3.75 I spent.. Just my two cents.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You didnt like em? Where do you get tbem for four bucks?
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Hmm I have only seen their site, but they're a bit more than 4 bucks there. I haven't checked to see if any local b&m's carry them here in pa. Somewhere else I read a few reviews of the corojo that were very impressed with them. Just curious, I'll try a 4 pack first to see if I like them.
    webmost:
    A place in NH near RobGreen has them. This place is the cheapest place aside from the interwebs. They range from 3.75 to 5.50ish.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Vision:
    webmost:
    A place in NH near RobGreen has them. This place is the cheapest place aside from the interwebs. They range from 3.75 to 5.50ish.
    Damn. One of the reps lives in my area so a lot of the vineyards actually have these. My local cigar shop does as well. But $3.75 - 5.50 they are not, more in the $6 - 9 range.

I think they are really good. I could understand someone not liking them as with any cigar, but saying they suck is strong. If I say a cigar sucks there is something wrong with it not I just didn't like it. Some of the Panacea's have a uniqueness to them but the white label is VERY typical Dominican.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, are you sure you are thinking of the right brand? Even online in 5'ers they are no cheaper than $6 ish and up. I'd like to give em a try
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    Gray4lines:
    Yeah, are you sure you are thinking of the right brand? Even online in 5'ers they are no cheaper than $6 ish and up. I'd like to give em a try
    Yea being that markup is right at 100% or less, if he's selling them for that he's not making money on them.
    If I could find a5 pack even at local shops for under 30 I'd try them. They are like 7 apiece online direct. Just trying to figure out if they're that decent, or just a local company hitting the cigar popularity as of late.
    Yup. I am absolutely 100% positive they are Panacea. I actually sent Rain one or two. White Label and Red if I remember correctly. I edited my original post. I know for a fact I paid under $5.50 for each robusto with the big STAR or P on the label and even less for the less assuming banded ones that just say Panacea on them.
    Gray4lines:
    Yea.... I still have one or two buried in my wineador. If I could dig thru it I would have no problem sending them out.
    I havr proof of life!!! Snapped off a pic of one of the ones Ive smoked... The Blue Label.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I have smoked the White and Green, I think Pete sent me the Green. They were ok, and I'd pay no more then $4 for them. $3ish would be more appropriate, IMHO.
    I think this answers my question. Thanks for saving me from a purchase guys. Seems all hype, but I'll try a single someday of the corojo.
    blurr:
    I think this answers my question. Thanks for saving me from a purchase guys. Seems all hype, but I'll try a single someday of the corojo.

If I can make it to NH anytime soon I will pick some up if you want to set up a trade. PM to you.
    blurr:
    Hype? They are practically unheard of, how is that hype? A few of us really like them a few don't. They're far from hyped.

The Herrera-Esteli is all hype. Top 3 most dissappointing cigars I've ever had. I've now smoked a few of them so I feel comfortable saying that.
    Picked up 4 today for $12.00 (Buy 3 get one free case) They were $4.65 ea. and the guy cut me a deal. I figured I would try all of them so I picked up 3 I have yet to try and one in a perfecto shape I didnt see. Mr.Green.... you might need to check them out.... Lots of goodies in the 3+1 case...
  • I am the Panacea rep in Virginia mentioned down the thread and I sponsor the Virginia Wine and Cigar Trail. I find them perfect for my purposes, creating wine and cigar pairings for local wineries. I find them to be mild to medium strong with lots of flavor and the only reason that has been given for not liking them is that they are not strong enough for many long-time cigar smokers. Cigar buyers at wineries are generally what I would call "Opportunistic Cigar Smokers" people that don't smoke often and are doing it to jack up an occasion and for that purpose they are working fine. In indulgence, Ron CigarVolante