Home Ratings & Reviews

Some good Cameron's ?

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
I don't think I've ever had more than 1 or 2 and I've been thinking of giving them a shot. What's some good ones other than Hemingway? Already planning on giving them a try. Was looking at the CAO, I always like their stuff.

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Not a big Cameroon fan, but the LFD Cameroon cabinet is excellent
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Oliva serie G
    Torano 1916
    Regular AF Cameroon line
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    completely agree!! Not a big Cameroon person but do really like the lfd's!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Torano 1916! I love em.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    I liked the H. Uppman Cameroon and the Graycliff 30-year is a favorite.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I love Cameroon wrappers, one of my all time favorites (if not my favorite) for NC cigars. A couple to check out would be the AF Don Carlos and La Aurora Cameroon lancero. Guillermo Leon has a Cameroon binder which adds a bit of the same character to the cigar but not as much as having it be the wrapper, also a great stick.
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    I always keep a couple of boxes of Oliva serie G and LPH Morado on hand as they are some of my favs.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cameron Diaz used to be a truly fine Cameron. Lookin a little scrawny now.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    catfishbluezz:
    I really enjoyed the cameroon cab, but it totally kicked my butt. I was out for an hour after the smoke. I wanted to keep smoking because it was soo good, but I just had to put it down.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    catfishbluezz:
    I really enjoyed the cameroon cab, but it totally kicked my butt. I was out for an hour after the smoke. I wanted to keep smoking because it was soo good, but I just had to put it down.
    Yeah, you have to prepare for an LFD. I agree with the recommendation wholeheartedly though!
    This is not a myth??? I'll smoke everything on an empty stomach. What does it do, make you lightheaded?
    Rain:
    This is not a myth??? I'll smoke everything on an empty stomach. What does it do, make you lightheaded?
    Lightheaded a little. I felt dizzy, sick to my stomach, and it lasted a long time! And I'm no noobie!! LFD's in particular really hit me hard.
    Ugh..that does not sound like any fun at all.
    I usually have no problem at all! But damn, when it happens it sucks.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys ill look into some of those. The LFD sounds pretty good
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    But still smokin.....sorry, I couldn't resist
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I'm a bit of a Cameroon snob. I agree with the AF Don Carlos and the Oliva G. Also keep in mind pretty much every AF except the Opus X is a cameroon wrapper. The King B and Queen B are also pretty damned good. The old CAO CX2 is pretty good if you can find it. The Cusano Cameroon is my go-to cigar right now.

Also if you find you like Cameroons, Sumatra's are the same seed just grown in a different place. They are very good as well, they tend to have a touch more spice but usually have the same sweet character that defines cameroons.

Finally while I do enjoy the LFD Cameroon Cabinet it is an awful example of a Cameroon. Its a cameroon for people who don't like Cameroons. Its smoother than a typical LFD but the sweetness and complexity of the Cameroon leaf disappears amidst all that Ligero. I like it its a good smoke but I'd never recommend it as an example of a Cammie.
    madurofan:
    Finally while I do enjoy the LFD Cameroon Cabinet it is an awful example of a Cameroon. Its a cameroon for people who don't like Cameroons. Its smoother than a typical LFD but the sweetness and complexity of the Cameroon leaf disappears amidst all that Ligero. I like it its a good smoke but I'd never recommend it as an example of a Cammie.
    That was my thought too. It is very different for a Cameroon.
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    Rain:
    Lightheaded a little. I felt dizzy, sick to my stomach, and it lasted a long time! And I'm no noobie!! LFD's in particular really hit me hard.

Not a favorite of mine either. And yes they are full bodied full strength.
    Eat first
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Not a huge cameroon guy myself, but I absolutely love the CAO L'Anniversarie Cameroon. Awesome stick.
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Torano Salutem has a cameroon binder and is a solid stick. Anyone had the Partagas Master series? I got one in the march madness sampler, but haven't smoked it yet.
    No, but I do like the Partagas regular line for a Cameroon. I remember being pretty impressed by the first one I had. Just a solid Cameroon.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    webmost:
    Kirk Cameron. Loved Growing Pains, but even though I'm a Christian, I worry about him a little bit now. James Cameron is a good director, and Cameron Crowe is a good writer. Cameron Frye is a good character from a movie that is beyond good. Bueller, Bueller.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel:
    Amos Umwhat:
    webmost:
    Kirk Cameron. Loved Growing Pains, but even though I'm a Christian, I worry about him a little bit now. James Cameron is a good director, and Cameron Crowe is a good writer. Cameron Frye is a good character from a movie that is beyond good. Bueller, Bueller.
    Cameron Oatbook was a helluva reporter back in the day.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    I'm a bit of a Cameroon snob. I agree with the AF Don Carlos and the Oliva G. Also keep in mind pretty much every AF except the Opus X is a cameroon wrapper. The King B and Queen B are also pretty damned good. The old CAO CX2 is pretty good if you can find it. The Cusano Cameroon is my go-to cigar right now.

Also if you find you like Cameroons, Sumatra's are the same seed just grown in a different place. They are very good as well, they tend to have a touch more spice but usually have the same sweet character that defines cameroons.

the Cusano was another one I was thinking of. And you know what I did not know that Sumatra was a Cameroon leaf. Another learning day for me.