Home Cigar 101

psychology of cigars

calling all neuroscience majors.
Anyone done some hard research into cigars and neruroanomy/neuroscience/psychology/associative psychology?
interested in links or what you know...

Comments

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    jeff_connors:
    calling all neuroscience majors.
    Anyone done some hard research into cigars and neruroanomy/neuroscience/psychology/associative psychology?
    interested in links or what you know...
    I go marginally psychotic if I go too long between cigars....Sorry, no links on that though...
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I'm a psychology major that'll be going for my doctorate next year. Not sure what kind of information you're looking for...
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    Not sure if this is what you are hunting for, but then again everything can be considered "Freudian"

WARNING - READING THIS MAY CAUSE YOU TO RETHINK YOUR LIFE DECISIONS

Or if you're like me, you'll take it with a grain of salt

Freud
    Freud:
    Oral Stage (Birth to 18 months). During the oral stage, the child if focused on oral pleasures (sucking). Too much or too little gratification can result in an Oral Fixation or Oral Personality which is evidenced by a preoccupation with oral activities. This type of personality may have a stronger tendency to smoke, drink alcohol, over eat, or bite his or her nails. Personality wise, these individuals may become overly dependent upon others, gullible, and perpetual followers. On the other hand, they may also fight these urges and develop pessimism and aggression toward others.
  • 4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    nightmaremike31:
    Not sure if this is what you are hunting for, but then again everything can be considered "Freudian"

Freud
    Freud:
    Oral Stage (Birth to 18 months). During the oral stage, the child if focused on oral pleasures (sucking). Too much or too little gratification can result in an Oral Fixation or Oral Personality which is evidenced by a preoccupation with oral activities. This type of personality may have a stronger tendency to smoke, drink alcohol, over eat, or bite his or her nails. Personality wise, these individuals may become overly dependent upon others, gullible, and perpetual followers. On the other hand, they may also fight these urges and develop pessimism and aggression toward others.
    But sometimes a cigar is just a cigar ;). Who was it that said that again???? ;)
    4bob4:
    nightmaremike31:

Freud
    Freud:
    But sometimes a cigar is just a cigar ;). Who was it that said that again???? ;)

Ha ha, touche my good man. I don't know if there is actual proof that he "qouted it" but i'm sure he said it one way or another. After all, he was indeed a cigar lover as well.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Made it halfway through The Freud Reader by Peter Gay for a psyche class in high school (decided that I wanted to get a head start on the class, that was a bad life decision to say the least) and I'm never picking that crap up again. If I never hear about the Rat Man ever again, it'll be too soon.
    Freud is no longer considered relevant in terms of his literal doctrine. There is probably no such thing as Freudian Psychologist anymore, since his ideas are all based on only the sick people he saw (he never formed any theories based on healthy people.) He also used no empirical data, and his theories were developed without any way to test them. He needs to be respected for inventing psychology. Also, he was rocking the ganja pretty hard.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    betasynn:
    his ideas are all based on only the sick people he saw (he never formed any theories based on healthy people.)
    He could've had a field day with our lovely little forum!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    betasynn:
    Freud is no longer considered relevant in terms of his literal doctrine. There is probably no such thing as Freudian Psychologist anymore, since his ideas are all based on only the sick people he saw (he never formed any theories based on healthy people.) He also used no empirical data, and his theories were developed without any way to test them. He needs to be respected for inventing psychology. Also, he was rocking the ganja pretty hard.
    dont forget about the nose candy
    kuzi16:
    betasynn:
    dont forget about the nose candy

All in hopes to cure his patients...

Feeling mentally ill? Try Freud's Nose Candies! Now comes in Spearment Spaz and Trippin Berries!
    Don't forget the original MDMA Madness!