Home Ratings & Reviews

Flores y Rodriguez by PDR

Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone else pick these up on the Daily Deal a week or two ago?
I did, and tried one last night, and thought it was great. Very flavorful, full bodied, about Robusto sized lasted 1hr 45 min before I had to let it go out. Could have got another 15 minutes, but my head was spinning. Very rich, earth, spice & chocolate flavors. Nice. When I say spice, I'm thinking cardamom, not pepper, although there is a little pepper. The cigar smoked much like an Undercrown, lots of smoke.
WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Comments

• blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Was it the maduro or habano wrapper version? I've heard both are good, with most seeming to give the habano a slight edge better. And you can not beat PdR's value and price.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    maduro
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    The lack of responses speak enough about this brand flying under the radar. I've heard they (PDR) are love or hate to most. Most ignore them, but they're going to be bigger I can tell when they gain some foothold in the industry and their prices will rise. I stock up while they're dirt cheap. Haven't had these yet, but I'll be grabbing a box soon of the Habanos and a fiver of mads. Most people don't realize PdR makes the obsidians.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't had these yet but they are on my list to try. I've always been a big fan of PDR. Give the Frank Harreras Signature a try. You won't be disappointed.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Haven't had these yet but they are on my list to try. I've always been a big fan of PDR. Give the Frank Harreras Signature a try. You won't be disappointed.
    Hadn't heard of it, I'll have to look into it. Thanks.

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 18 (9 of each) resting in my Wineador. I try to pick them up every chance I get. I think the Maduro is a little better/little more balanced. The Habano is still very good.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like my kind of stick. Got to give this a try.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I've been wondering about these. Going to have to try a few.
    stephen_hannibal:
    I've been wondering about these. Going to have to try a few.
    I can always tell when its east coast summer temps. The guys I remember from past years are posting again.welcome back Stephen.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Thanks man.
  • UseAsDirectedUseAsDirected Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    I picked up some Flores y Rodriguez Cabinet Seleccion Super Toro Super Toro Habano this Cyber Monday. 

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/11095/flores-y-rodriguez-cabinet-seleccion/

They look pretty good
    "Even a fool has a talent"
    -That one guy