Home Cigar 101

What is this and is it a problem?

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
I've never seen this before, but then again I don't think I look at the foot too much. I doubt it's just a super dark filler...but maybe? I'm at a loss.image

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    It's just how it was blended...when I can I always look at the foot and try to get the ones with more liegro in it! But yeah def is normal and nothing to worry about
    Money can't buy taste
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Better then ring worm...which I thought it could be ;)
    Lol that's nasty!! But I'm gonna say that's the 90+nc's
    Money can't buy taste
    JDN Celebracion
    Huh would've thought it would have more of a dark swirl
    Money can't buy taste
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    I've never seen this before, but then again I don't think I look at the foot too much. I doubt it's just a super dark filler...but maybe? I'm at a loss.image
    Ive burned through a few boxes of the JdN Celebracion and i have seen this ...but nowhere near as pronounced.
    the real question is: How did it smoke?

At the halfway mark, draw is not the greatest but flavor is good.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a cinnamon roll
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    mmmm Little Debbie swiss rolls!
    I've noticed something similar in a few sticks lately. Did not seem to affect the flavor/burn.
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    NO crap, I was going to say I see that fairly often just not as dark-light ratio, but most important of all, That is ONE TIGHT ROLL! I can't believe you could get any smoke out of it, that thing is packed tight.
    blurr:
    NO crap, I was going to say I see that fairly often just not as dark-light ratio, but most important of all, That is ONE TIGHT ROLL! I can't believe you could get any smoke out of it, that thing is packed tight.
    You are correct, the draw never really opened up. What I could taste was good...but...it was a lot of work and I gave up.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    blurr:
    You are correct, the draw never really opened up. What I could taste was good...but...it was a lot of work and I gave up.
    The ONE JdN Celebracion I had was impossibly tight, which sucks because what I got out I really really liked. I need to get some more, but I've had not so great luck with JdN's (except dark corojo's).
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to say marbleization like in steaks. I guess not.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like they got carried away on the filler