Home Ratings & Reviews

smoked a A Fernandez signiture series last night

excellent cigar. The construction was excellent as was the burn. Held a very strong ash. It was a full flavored cigar, at least to my taste. All in all, one of the best smokes I've had this year.

Comments

• FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    so is that the weight that you can bench press?
  • 405bench405bench Posts: 36
    yes it is. and at 50 years old no less.

Too many cigrs to smoke to come into work!
  • ForceForce Posts: 1
    My girlfriend recently got me a box of the Robusto's along with the sampler. This is a quality stick and has already made its way into the rotation. I'm sure I'll be ordering another box when this one runs out.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Wow, I'm only 20 and I max out at 305. And I was nationally-ranked shot-putter just two years ago. Not bad. But the A. Fernandez is excellent, my only complaint is that, with age, a few of the sticks I have had wrapper issues.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Wasn't it the A Fernandez someone said had a steak flavor to it ?
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Yeah, I don't remember who it was, but I agree whole-heartedly with them. I think it's like a slightly less-peppery DPG Cuban Classic, but it has a few more subtle notes. I really love it as a cigar. Apparently there is a maduro and a sumatra version out there.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I can bench 405. I do it 100 pounds at a time, though, and not all on the same day :p

I really like the A. Fernandez sigs., just finished one, gonna smok another in a bit. The burn is really, really good and even with lots of smoke. Makes the flavor much better when you don't have to puff and puff and puff b4 you get some smoke.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Also just had my first one. Superb Cigar! It has a very unique finish that keeps mee puffing away. Perfect construction and burn, loads of flavors. I have got to get more!
    Everytime I smoke one, I burn my fingers from just not wanting to put it out. I just ordered another box of them, and still have plenty left from earlier orders. I have some that have been sitting in my humi for over a month, and they keep getting better and better. I'm gonna try to refrain from smoking them for a month (I doubt I'll have any luck, though) and see how much better they get.
  • T. GervaisT. Gervais Posts: 239
    I bought a five pack of A. Fernandez robustos and smoked my first one a few days ago and was frankly a little dissapointed. I was outdoors when i smoked it and it was a breezy day so the wind could have made it burn hot or something. Regardless, I plan on putting some more age on them before I light another and hopefully it will be better.
    I have some with almost 3 months on them, robustos. There is a marked difference in flavor. I also like them fresh as well, I just flat out really like these cigars, but the robusto size I like the best.
    The burn and draw were impeccable and the smoke was thick and abundant but the flavor was not really there. I am expecting much better things out of the ones still sitting in my humidor.
    T. Gervais:
    The burn and draw were impeccable and the smoke was thick and abundant but the flavor was not really there. I am expecting much better things out of the ones still sitting in my humidor.

Ive had one. It burned great and the flavor was great! Very complex.

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I thoroughly enjoyed the A. Fernandez Signature as well. The MOW Ruination is a great stick as well! AJ is on a roll. I'm not personally a fan of the regular MOW but these two are excellent!
  • olerob_50+olerob_50+ Posts: 52
    This noob's old ass is a pretty big fan of all of A.J,'s gear I have these on my short list to try.
    I've been smoking 1-2 of these a day now. I think i've found a new everyday smoke. And, it's a good enough smoke to double as a special occasion smoke as well.

This is just such a well made, nicely blended smoke I just cannot say enough good things about it.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Is this the one with the black label and gold writing??? I wanna try one now!
    cabinetmaker:
    I've been smoking 1-2 of these a day now. I think i've found a new everyday smoke. And, it's a good enough smoke to double as a special occasion smoke as well.

This is just such a well made, nicely blended smoke I just cannot say enough good things about it.
    Ive had two so far and need to order more! They are fantastic!
    Lasabar:
    Is this the one with the black label and gold writing??? I wanna try one now!
    That's the one.
    Anyone have the maduro or Sumatra of the AJ sig line?
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    Didn't know they existed. All I've seen is the Habano.
    madurofan:
    Fourtotheflush:
    Didn't know they existed. All I've seen is the Habano.

They are relatively new. I think that they have them listed here on Ccom? If they dont you can call and they definately have them over the phone.

Smoking my third robusto right now and its delicious. Very flavorful and complex, great construction. All in all, a new favorite
  • shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    i just bought a fiver of the churchill a sig sumatra so ill post up a review - i wont be getting them however for another week or two
    I have a sampler of 12 coming. 3 each of 4 sizes!
  • TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    where to buy these? don't see them on this site.
    They are listed un AJ Fernandez under cigars/brands.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I have smoked the AJ F Sumatra and found it to be a very good cigar. Great complex flavor and good construction. Wouldn't hesitate to burn another. BTW, the MOW Ruination is out of this world good.