Home Cigar 101

Avalon Cigars

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
Have you had any Avalon cigars? Did Avalon Cigars go out of business? I was told that they did. If so, are any of their cigars still available?

Comments

• blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    I've never heard of Avalon Cigars. Where they good I'm guessing?
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blurr:
    I've never heard of Avalon Cigars. Where they good I'm guessing?
    I wouldn't know. Never had any. But I'm looking to find some. It all started when I saw this poster for Avalon cigars in my B&M. I thought it was a really cool photo. Grizzled beard guy with a cigar in his mouth. Then I googled Avalon cigars and this pic was available on their website as wallpaper. (avaloncigars.com) I don't know exactly who's lips they are. He might be a famous blues musician. Avalon was Mississippi based and I think they may have signed up some blues musicians in their promotional efforts. My B&M manager said Avalon was out of business now. But I haven't read or heard anyone else confirm this as fact. But the website has all the products listed and I'd like to try them.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Website has a list of retailers. Might want to get a hold of one in your area.
    Yep, I did call a few B&Ms and the one guy who seemed to really know what he was talking about said they had been out of business for a few years. I've found one website that claims to have some of their line available but when you call their number a message plays and the name of the business is different and all I can do is leave a message. Seems likely that that particular website is out of business too. I may try calling more B&Ms from the list later on, but so far no luck.
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    elmhurst cigars has them Elmhurst Cigar House / Elmhurst IL / 630-832-3030
    this website show them for sale
    http://www.cigarsupply.com/
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    elmhurst cigars has them Elmhurst Cigar House / Elmhurst IL / 630-832-3030
    this website show them for sale
    http://www.cigarsupply.com/
    Thanks very much. I called him, and I found out exactly what he's got left Not sure how much I'll take from him but I'll get at least a few and if I like 'em I'll get the rest too. Semper Fi.
  • Avalon appears to be back as a new company called S&S Cigar Company, who recently announced their launch - http://www.halfwheel.com/press-release-announcing-ss-cigar-company/

The company sending the press release is Avalon Distributing, so keep your eyes open for these if and when they show up.
    Avalon Juke Series. Scored four of the "blues" (Maduro) and two of the "Ebony" (Connies). image
  • Jasonc1982Jasonc1982 Posts: 278
    I've never seen them or heard of them. Interesting looking bands though. Probably a decent smoke.
    It's been a few days ago but I finally sampled the Juke Blue. Disappointing. Bad burn. Average to poor flavor. Guess if everyone had this experience with them it's no wonder they went out of business. I'll give one another try again later on and hope for better results.
    I'm bumping this old thread because of my avatar photo. It's not me. I don't look even remotely like that guy. This has been noted every time I'm on Vherf Haha.

I still haven't tried any more of the remaining Avalon sticks I have but I'll see if I can get around to doing that soon. 
  • brodskalesbrodskales Posts: 78
    Nice bump. 
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haahaa...  for the first several months on the forum I used to ask myself, "Why does that guy have a camel for his avatar?"  Then I squinted and saw what it really was, but didn't know it came off a cigar band.  Glad you cleared that up, Michael.  Now I won't be afraid to drive through TN anymore, thinking there's a badass with a Colt, a horse, and a bullwhip waiting for me.  :-)
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    Haha. Nothing to fear. I sold the horse. 
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha!  What happened to the cigar?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    Haha well, I thought about your interpretation of my avatar photo and I went looking for other faces to compare it to.

You are not wrong. 
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump for the newbie asking about Avalon Cigars.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bump for @Significant3

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.