Home Ratings & Reviews

Puro Authentico Delights

jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
just had a well aged Puro Authentico ......... wonderful smoke. I remember that I liked these a while ago but I really enjoyed this one. Far better than the Papas Fritas that disappointed me a few days ago.

Not sure if the aging (maybe 4 months?) or if it was the setting but this was a nice smoke.

YMMV

Comments

• deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    i have had some with about that much time resting and they are much better than rott, thats for sure
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I still have, I think 1, maybe 2, from the original release without cello. Gonna have to fire that up someday soon and see how it is.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are pretty awesome with some age on them.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    12+ months and these start to change into one of the best AJ blends that I've had from him, same statement is dead nuts on with the Little Devils as well.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Agreed! I just walked the dog, saw your post and grabbed one with about the same age on it...14 months or so. Rain picked up, so i cut the walk short so i could enjoy it. Lots of finish on it, mellowed some, but i didnt smoke too many when they were young as i found i smoked it a tad too fast..and it hit me. This one was smooth, very enjoyable...inspit of the rain.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    4 months is not "well aged"
    however i will totally agree that those are good smokes. i have a hard time aging those because they seem to be very easy to grab out of the humidor.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    however i will totally agree that those are good smokes. i have a hard time aging those because they seem to be very easy to grab out of the humidor.
    Don't know how I missed this, I love PAs. For me, four months is Ancient Aged ;)
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Guess I'm going to have to grab a box of 10 of these to sit in the back of the wineador for a few years. Do the maduros fair as well with rest? Don't hear much about them so I'm assuming the maduros aren't as good as the originals.
    blurr:
    Guess I'm going to have to grab a box of 10 of these to sit in the back of the wineador for a few years. Do the maduros fair as well with rest? Don't hear much about them so I'm assuming the maduros aren't as good as the originals.
    Not at all, the maduro is GREAT
  • bripperbripper Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Love Puro Authentico maduros. There is a $29.95 AJ ovals sampler with a wonderful cigar -- Puro Authentico maduro oval. Got several samplers stockpiled, plus more backordered. The samplers have been on backorder since January.
    Dam* you guys, I just finished ordering, now I'm going to get in more trouble. ahhh here ccom, heres my almost paid off credit card number. Oh well, I paid it down for a reason, fun time!
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I alone in disliking the PA maddys?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    I don't dislike them, just don't like them as well as the habano.
    danielzreyes:
    Yes. Hahaha, kidding, but if you got any you want to trade...
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    danielzreyes:
    Dibs. Sorry brah.
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:

Aged, you guys are really nice on these. I have to agree with Kuzi on this. I've gone through and shared these with friends as soon as I've gotten them. I can say I've ssmoked through at least three boxes. These are on the list for me as go to cigars, you are right in saying they are a delight,
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    kuzi16:

Aged, you guys are really nice on these. I have to agree with Kuzi on this. I've gone through and shared these with friends as soon as I've gotten them. I can say I've ssmoked through at least three boxes. These are on the list for me as go to cigars, you are right in saying they are a delight,
    Glad you are back! Havent seen you around in a while! One of my Go To sticks also. Now the hard part, try not to smoke them for a year or so.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Ken Light:
    danielzreyes:
    Dibs. Sorry brah.
    My PA Maddys have been sent out in movie trivia winnings and trades, except for two, which sit in my tupperware waiting for a fine day next March or April. In the words of Jacques the Shrimp, "I shall resist!" The habanos won't make it that long.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Rain:
    Ken Light:
    danielzreyes:
    Dibs. Sorry brah.
    I agree the habano is so much better.
    stephen_hannibal:
    Rain:
    Ken Light:
    danielzreyes:
    Dibs. Sorry brah.
    I agree the habano is so much better.
    I went with a box of the Habanos to start. Maddies were my thing the first year I got into this, but AJ turned me into a habano hoe.
    Rhamlin:
    They are pretty awesome with some age on them.
    Then again I thought they rocked ROTT. Loved the power of the fresh Habano
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't tried any yet. I have a box with 05/04/11 tagged on the bottom. Guess I'll let them rest a little longer before I try one.
    Poker Slob:
    I haven't tried any yet. I have a box with 05/04/11 tagged on the bottom. Guess I'll let them rest a little longer before I try one.
    smoke em