Home Cigar 101

Should I break down my "5 packs"

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
I there any reason I should break down my "5 packs" in my coolidor or even in the humidor. They are so easy to move around and stack but if it will help to break them down I will. Any good reasons to bust 'em up?

Comments

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most people used to think the wrap around packs , bundles and boxes were the same thing as cello. I know I did, but then Andy told us that it was infact plastic wrap. So it doesn't breathe like cello. So I bust open everything now.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I usually open them but only to inspect them for damage or anything. Good to know that it is not cello.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    What grey said...I always inspect the condition when I get something online!! I've had some horror stories with shipping so I now check everything
    Money can't buy taste
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Most people used to think the wrap around packs , bundles and boxes were the same thing as cello. I know I did, but then Andy told us that it was infact plastic wrap. So it doesn't breathe like cello. So I bust open everything now.
    Thanks for the knowledge. I thought it was cello too. I'll be busting them up asap.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Very interesting. I learn something new almost everyday around here.
  • CigarMan37CigarMan37 Posts: 432
    I have the option of stacking my 5 packs in my Wineador but if you don't have that luxury I wouldn't worry too much as long they aren't damaged in some way. As long as they are in some kind of humidor I don't see the reason to break 'em down unless you are smoking them.
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    Lee.mcglynn:
    What grey said...I always inspect the condition when I get something online!! I've had some horror stories with shipping so I now check everything
    Ditto this...unless you look at what you ordered you might be surprised months later and have some damaged goods at that time...that is highly ungood.