Home General Discussion

Four Kicks wins ---- Pick my smoke

jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
(Jumping on the bandwagon too, LOL)

But I'm going to throw a nice sirloin steak on the grill after work. (season with a little S&P)
Pour some Four Roses Small Batch.
And smoke a fine cigar ....

But what should I smoke ....

1) 101 OSOK 212
2) Angelenos 2009
3) Four Kicks
4) DE T52
5) CAO Soprano

Will light it up in a couple hours, around 5-530 ... so vote early and vote often!!!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

Comments

• smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fo Kicks
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    T52
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an easy one J. The Angelenos before dinner and the DE after dinner. Mmmmmmm steak.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 kicks! And can we trade evenings?? Im just gettig a haircut and picking up furniture.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poker Slob:
    This is an easy one J. The Angelenos before dinner and the DE after dinner. Mmmmmmm steak.
    Mmm I like the thinking there, Tom.
    :-)

Only plan on smoking 1 tonight though --- will fire it up when I start the grill and continue to smoke it with dinner.

Gray4lines:
    4 kicks! And can we trade evenings?? Im just gettig a haircut and picking up furniture.
    Wife has a meeting after work ---- left me by myself !!!!
    LOL

(Don't worry it's not all fun and games ... after dinner I'll be walking the dog and then painting the spare bedroom.)

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OSOK....medium/rare? What else adorns this masterpiece?
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    (Jumping on the bandwagon too, LOL)

But I'm going to throw a nice sirloin steak on the grill after work. (season with a little S&P)
    Pour some Four Roses Small Batch.
    And smoke a fine cigar ....

But what should I smoke ....

1) 101 OSOK 212
    2) Angelenos 2009
    3) Four Kicks
    4) DE T52
    5) CAO Soprano

Will light it up in a couple hours, around 5-530 ... so vote early and vote often!!!

OSOK
    Four Kicks
    OSOK Again
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    four kicks

wish i could switch evenings too....have to go to **** seats at the cardinals game in hopes that it doesn't get rained out.
    Bigshizza:
    medium/rare?
    Yes --- medium rare.

Bigshizza:
    What else adorns this masterpiece?
    What do you mean, Jim?
    brianetz1:
    wish i could switch evenings too....have to go to **** seats at the cardinals game in hopes that it doesn't get rained out.
    Come on over.
    But you can't skip out after dinner ..... you get stuck doing the painting too..... LOL

• JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    OSOK
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    four kicks
  • StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    OSOK
    Current vote count:

Four Kicks and OSOK tied = 4 votes each
    T52 = 1 vote
    Angelenos = 1 vote

Will light up in about 1 hour, keep the votes coming!

RCY Cigars:
    OSOK
    Four Kicks
    OSOK Again
    I like your thinking, Rick.
    Can't swing that many in one night .... but maybe on the next day off, or free weekend.

Steak, (leftover) homemade mac & cheese, four roses small batch, and four kicks (from ochozacho)
    excellent

jgibv:
    Steak, (leftover) homemade mac & cheese, four roses small batch, and four kicks (from ochozacho)
    excellent

That steak is beautiful!!! How is the four roses?
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    excellent

I don't see a veggie...
    OSOK ended up "winning" too. LOL
    Fired it up after dinner --- good smoke but had to fight with it to get a good draw :-/

Gray4lines:
    That steak is beautiful!!! How is the four roses?
    Gray, I've never been much of a whiskey drinker other than in cocktails (& shots.)
    So I figured I'd try it neat to see how it was by itself but HOLY SMOKES!!! A little too much bite for me to handle.

Added 2 ice cubes and it was much much better. It mellowed out and was pretty smooth. There were so many flavors going on though between the cigar, the steak, and whiskey I'd be hard pressed to tell you what flavors I got from it .... but it was delicious.
    Everything went great together.

I'm going to have it on-the-rocks or straight up a few more times before trying it neat again. Need to ease myself into it, LOL. But I'll report back when I get there.

Bigshizza:
    I don't see a veggie...
    See those little orange cubes in with the mac? That's butternut squash, does that count?

jgibv:
    Gray, I've never been much of a whiskey drinker other than in cocktails (& shots.)
    So I figured I'd try it neat to see how it was by itself but HOLY SMOKES!!! A little too much bite for me to handle.

Added 2 ice cubes and it was much much better. It mellowed out and was pretty smooth. There were so many flavors going on though between the cigar, the steak, and whiskey I'd be hard pressed to tell you what flavors I got from it .... but it was delicious.

I'm going to have it on-the-rocks or straight up a few more times before trying it neat again. Need to ease myself into it, LOL. But I'll report back when I get there.

I can't say I'm a huge whiskey guy either, but this forum turned me onto it! (And you got me into rum for mojitos which I am very much a fan of now) Half the time, I mix with gingerale, the other half is over ice or neat. I just heard that the 4 roses was pretty good.
    Gray4lines:
    jgibv:

I can't say I'm a huge whiskey guy either, but this forum turned me onto it! (And you got me into rum for mojitos which I am very much a fan of now) Half the time, I mix with gingerale, the other half is over ice or neat. I just heard that the 4 roses was pretty good.
    We're (hopefully) heading to KY for a couple days in July and want to check out a couple of the distilleries along the "bourbon trail".

Not too sure where we're going yet but that's half the reason I got the bottle, gotta get myself prepared!!!

Would be cool to see the Four Roses distillery, hoping to catch Maker's Mark since that's the big/famous one, not sure what else .... but I hear that some of the high end/rare Four Roses bottles fetch a very high price and are extremely collectible. (I couldn't imagine spending that much $$ on a single bottle at this point though)

jgibv:
    Gray4lines:
    jgibv:

We're (hopefully) heading to KY for a couple days in July and want to check out a couple of the distilleries along the "bourbon trail".

Not too sure where we're going yet but that's half the reason I got the bottle, gotta get myself prepared!!!

Would be cool to see the Four Roses distillery, hoping to catch Maker's Mark since that's the big/famous one, not sure what else .... but I hear that some of the high end/rare Four Roses bottles fetch a very high price and are extremely collectible. (I couldn't imagine spending that much $$ on a single bottle at this point though)
    Let me know when you come/where you're going. You may come close to me, and I will be not working and not in school yet. Might be able to work out plans for a quick smoke or something.
    Gray4lines:
    Let me know when you come/where you're going. You may come close to me, and I will be not working and not in school yet. Might be able to work out plans for a quick smoke or something.
    Will do !