Home Ratings & Reviews

Hoyo Dark Sumatra

ZAPZAP Posts: 186 ✭✭
Anyone had these...I've been eyeing them for awhile and just ordered one...

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    It's a good smoke, not the best out there, but I wouldn't turn one down.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I have to differ with J0zer here. I would probably turn this one down. I'm a huge Sumatra fan, but HdM just flat missed with this stick.
    madurofan:
    I have to differ with J0zer here. I would probably turn this one down. I'm a huge Sumatra fan, but HdM just flat missed with this stick.
    Oh yeah...well F**K you if you don't agree.!!! :)

All kidding aside, I remember it having a certain flavor to it that I liked. It wasn't a great cigar, but it was ok...I'd have to smoke another to confirm my initial take on it. Damn you maddy, making me go out and work for my opinions. Ass! :D
    Ok forget it. I tried to smoke one today, and while it started off ok, nothing particularly impressive, but not downright bad, the damn wrapper started to explode and it turned into a huge mess. The flavor is nowhere near good enough to deal with that hassle.

You don't need to disagree with me on this maddy, we're on the same page now.
  • ZAPZAP Posts: 186 ✭✭
    Boy...not as excited to light up the one I got in the humidor now...but I will :)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i didnt have a problem with it but i feel that HdM has a better natural line.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Ok forget it. I tried to smoke one today, and while it started off ok, nothing particularly impressive, but not downright bad, the damn wrapper started to explode and it turned into a huge mess. The flavor is nowhere near good enough to deal with that hassle.

You don't need to disagree with me on this maddy, we're on the same page now.
    :) ... Sometimes a little good ol' fashioned hard work does the trick.
  • ZAPZAP Posts: 186 ✭✭
    Had this one tonight and was happy with it...not an all-time great....more mild to medium than medium to full....I liked the draw....smoked it pretty quick.....good smoke and I won't order it again but if off in some isolated area and this is sitting there for $5-7 a stick I'd consider it..