Home Ratings & Reviews

Stinkfinger, Morningmouth and Wheeze

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
Have you permission to smoke in the house? That critter with the delicate appendage on the end of her precious face, the one who cracks the whip and would gladly whip you with it, what would be her stated objection were you to try? "You're going to stink up my drapes." aM i right? You may pay the mortgage, mow the yard, replace the water heater, repair the disposal, get up in the middle of the night with a bat and flashlight because she heard a creak, yet, still, the drapes are hers.

This is why I believe that stinkfinger is an important element of a review. What stink does it leave? How much does this cigar annoy others around you? I sniff my fingers after a smoke. That's as good a gauge as any I know. What it leaves there is a notion of what it deposits on the drapes. Some smell dang tasty; some not so; others not much.

Have you ever attempted to proselytize an open-minded friend, family member, or stranger? "Here, try a cigar," you offer. Tough to do, innit? What objection do they proffer when you ask? When I attempt to persuade, I almost always get: "I tried a cigar once, years ago. I liked the flavor. The experience was mellow. But I could not stand my mouth next morning."

This is why I believe that morningmouth is an important element of a review. I ask myself: "Does this improve with brushing. Is this good with coffee?"

Have you ever wondered whether the swarm of zealous health *** who surround us every day might be onto at least a grain of truth? Don't tell me you don't inhale. Smoke is all over your face. What, do you smoke in one room and breathe in another? Bull. You smoke, it hangs around you. What's that doing to your lungs?

This is why I believe that wheeze is an important element of a review. Some sticks, the smoke scatters, others it gathers; some it hangs, others it rises; some is oily, some is dry. You can feel the difference next morning.

I am truly exhausted right now, so I may not be making good sense. You tell me. Stinkfinger, morningmouth, wheeze... aren't these all important to include?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love to smell my fingers after a good cigar. Sometimes, I can't stop myself I'll just sit and sniff...

morning mouth, I personally do not experience as often. Or when I do have cigar-mouth, I generally cannot tell one smoke from another just by the morning-after taste. Pehaps ypu have a gift.

I sometimes get a slight allergy cough or phlegm, and a cigar may add a little to that, not much usually though. If I'm gonna cough up stuff, it's usually with or without smoking.

In order of importance for me: Finger, Mouth, Wheeze.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    First thing I do after my morning meds is to pack a pipe. Cigars usuallly wait a little while. You guys should round out your life with a good pipe. Anyway; to much to read after a drunks review but if you value your wife's drapes may I offer a suggestion. Build a cheap exhaust system like I have for a special room and you won't regret it. I turn on my exhaust fan while I smoke and then 1/2 hr of my Rocky Mountain Air purifier and the room is pristene after. By the way ; remove your stogie's remains to the outside before turning on the purifier.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    I love your reviews Webby. I enjoy your stinkfinger, morningmouth and wheeze. Brings a personal element to each of your reviews. Keep on keepin' on.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Ditto...love your style bro, always have... Keep it up man, but maybe make a thread dedicated to your reviews with the explanation at the beginning. Otherwise, to the casual passerby, they won;t have a clue lol
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I get what you're saying. I like what you're saying. Keep it coming.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    As they say in counseling, I hear you and I understand you.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    I love to smell my fingers after a good cigar. Sometimes, I can't stop myself I'll just sit and sniff...

morning mouth, I personally do not experience as often. Or when I do have cigar-mouth, I generally cannot tell one smoke from another just by the morning-after taste. Pehaps ypu have a gift.

I sometimes get a slight allergy cough or phlegm, and a cigar may add a little to that, not much usually though. If I'm gonna cough up stuff, it's usually with or without smoking.

In order of importance for me: Finger, Mouth, Wheeze.
    "Sometimes, I can't stop myself I'll just sit and sniff... " THAT was FUNNY.
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Ditto...love your style bro, always have... Keep it up man, but maybe make a thread dedicated to your reviews with the explanation at the beginning. Otherwise, to the casual passerby, they won;t have a clue lol

I dont have a clue anyhow ! LOL
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    stink finger = room note

well... at least while its burning.
    no matter what tobacco products you are smoking, a distinct smell is left in the room usually for days unless you do something about it. im not sure if this is important to me in a review. i smoke where it doesnt matter if i smoke. most probably do. if stinkin up the drapes is a concern, dont smoke in the room or have a plan to deal with it.

morning mouth...

this concept is interesting. im not sure what to say about it but it gives me something to think about. i like that. lemme pus a few days/weeks of thought on that and get back to ya.

wheeze
    i always thought of this as a room note. is it a bad smell? is it a good one? does it make you choke? or is it like a decent fragrance?
    i find that this concept is the most difficult to attain in a review.
    when i smoke a cigar it is difficult for me to fully understand the room note. when i walk into a room with someone who is smoking and i am not i can notice it more.
    some cigars are very distinct when it comes to room note. I can smell an LFD or an OpusX or a Davidoff a mile a way. I can pick out if there is Cuban tobacco being smoked in a room of cigar smokers.

i think i need to pay more attention to room note in my reviews