Home Cigar 101

Ever enjoy two cigars at once?

I just paired a Vegas Relic with a RP Signature. I found I was really able to better identify and appreciate the flavors of both cigars by doing so. The Relic was more the 'meat and potatoes' – earth with crisp tobacco core - and the RP Signature was the ‘dessert’ – creamy, smooth, and mellow.

By enjoying two contrasting cigars simultaneously I found I was better able to appreciate the unique characteristics of both through the comparison.

Comments

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    hmmmmm....never tried that ...
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    I seem to have a hard time picking out distinct notes so I might think about trying that.
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    I've never tried it with cigars, but with Scotches it's pretty amazing how much of a difference it makes to cycle between a few. Even stuff that I think tastes similar alone usually tastes vastly different switching off.

I'll try it with cigars, if the skinflint in me can get over watching a second stick burn while I'm smoking the first.

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ive heard of this but i still choose to do my cigar smoking in moderation.... one at a time.
  • rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    As a newbie, I have lit more then one on a few occasions. A few nights ago, I had lit at the same time a Veradero Organic, A Padilla Miami and Perdomo 10th Anniversary. Personally, I think if you can spare the 'gar money this is a very good way to develop your own flavor profile.

Not everyone can drop $350 on a bunch of cigars just to find their tastes. But if you can...

• T. GervaisT. Gervais Posts: 239
    Man if I did that the RP would taste like pure air and I would just find myself smoking the relic.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Ummmmm...

Cool pic xmacro.... You really captured the, um, essence of what it would, um, look like if asian anime were to draw and color in what it would look like if a european-esque male would be smoking two cigars.........nice
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    Ummmmm...

Cool pic xmacro.... You really captured the, um, essence of what it would, um, look like if asian anime were to draw and color in what it would look like if a european-esque male would be smoking two cigars.........nice
    Hahahahaha...well said, well said..
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • I would never enjoy 2 cigars at once.  To me, it would be like enjoying two women at once

I can understand why some people would want to do it, but I am confident enough to say that I'm nto man enough to do it right.  Pass.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    kent1146:
    I would never enjoy 2 cigars at once.  To me, it would be like enjoying two women at once

I can understand why some people would want to do it, but I am confident enough to say that I'm nto man enough to do it right.  Pass.
    this may be the funniest thing that i have heard all day.