Home Cigar 101

Sweet tips too sweet?

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
Is there any way to reduce the sweetness on sweet tipped cigars?
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    what kinda cigars? machine mades from the gas station or something like DE's Acid line?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Baccarat has a sweet tip and those are a handmade long filler.

as for lessening the sweet...
    try dipping the tip in water for quick second. not too long though it will destroy the cigar. there really isnt a good way to do it, just a way.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I got a 5 pack of Isla De Sols from my wife along with my Perdomos for a Father's Day gift. I really like the smoke but think the sweet is a little overpowering. Ill try dipping one tonight and seeing what happens. How long should I let it rest after the dipping to smoking it? Distilled water I assume warm/cold/room temp?
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've ended up with a few cheap cigars that were OK for cheap cigars but the sugar tip? Ugh. I don't know if you can get rid of that sweet taste or not. Dipping? Whadayamean dipping? LOL You gonna try and give it a shower or a bath? I'm guessing a shower would be ok but,.............let us know how that goes.
    I think ill try just wiping one down tonight and seeing how it comes out... i just hope i dont mess it up! Its a really good smoke other than the overly sweet tip.
    Update- so I wiped down the sweet tip on my Isle Del Sol with a lukewarm damp washcloth. Didn't really make a difference. Oh well. Not a deal breaker.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Try some franks red hot sauce!! I put that shi_t on everything......
    LMFAO!!!!! I'm about to!
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Baccarat has a sweet tip and those are a handmade long filler.

as for lessening the sweet...
    try dipping the tip in water for quick second. not too long though it will destroy the cigar. there really isnt a good way to do it, just a way.
    I was going to say Brandy, or Rum.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    I do have some rum... Maybe ill try that next time. Sadly after last night I think I'm not too fond of those sticks anyway. Not positive yet but I think I might have to give them a break and dive into a stick or two from the bombs.