Home Cigar 101
Options

5 pack packaging

Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
Kind of a silly question here, but sometimes when I order a five pack it comes with the 5 cigars wrapped up with a white card backing. Is that wrapper the same cellophane material that most cigars are wrapped in? If it is, I can I just throw those in the humidor as is, right?

Comments

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Russ55:
    Kind of a silly question here, but sometimes when I order a five pack it comes with the 5 cigars wrapped up with a white card backing. Is that wrapper the same cellophane material that most cigars are wrapped in? If it is, I can I just throw those in the humidor as is, right?
    Sure. I do it. Of course mine never stay that way long ;)
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Russ55:
    I am not exactly sure it is the same material - it seems slightly "harsher" and less porous (the key word is - it seems - as you doubtfully can see porosity). I would suggest removing them from it. I package cigars when I send them to people in the same manner btw ;) and I use very thin plastic garbage bags. Very thin... Clean and unused of course ;)
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    It's the same material maybe a little heavier gauge.
    Now Cigar.Com or anybody else who packages sticks would NOT use some material that would harm your sticks.
    If you want to remove them from the cello wrapper and store your sticks with just the cello sleeves then do it. If you want to keep them as a fiver and leave the outer cello on then do that. Neither will cause any harm to your sticks.
    And also if you keep (some) the cello wrappers from the individual sticks then when you get some naked sticks or someone sends you a naked stick you can use those.
    Someone here just sent a bunch of cello's out to a BOTL here. Think it was Cabinetmaker. That way you don't have to use garbage bags. Now THAT is a nasty way to treat a nice cigar LOL.