Home Cigar 101

Does it really matter?

Hi, everyone. I'm a newbie here but I've been enjoying cigars about 3 years now & I need to know something. Does it really matter if I have mixed sticks in a humi? I know there's 2 sides of the fence so, what do you think? Personally I can't tell any difference.

Comments

• LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    tyronect:

Hi, everyone. I'm a newbie here but I've been enjoying cigars about 3 years now & I need to know something. Does it really matter if I have mixed sticks in a humi? I know there's 2 sides of the fence so, what do you think? Personally I can't tell any difference.

Segregation went the way of the Dodo along with pastels for kitchen appliances...

But if I read your question right are you talking of flavored sticks or just different NON-Flavored sticks???

If they are flavored I'd say keep em separate, if they are just normal sticks, don't worry about them touching at all...

If they are ACID cigars, lock them in a plastic bag inside another plastic bag inside Tupperware, those things are strongly flavored!
  • tyronecttyronect Posts: 23
    no, I was talking about regular sticks. no flavored cigars here
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I keep them seperated simply because it looks nice and for no other reason at all.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    nah. all of mine are mixed.

unless you plan on never rotating them, aging every stick for years and years, plus you have one of the most refined palates on the planet, it wont make a difference.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Mine are all kept in somewhat of an order in my humi's, but all are in there side by side and mixing with each other.
    There is nothing better then the smell of the inside of a humi after it has picked up the various scents from the individual cigars.
    That spicy, tobacco smell is incredible, and is one reason I enjoy opening my humi. The other reason is fairly obvious :)