Home Cigar 101

Sea air and cigars

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
My family and I are gonna be going to the beach next month for my birthday and I wanted to make sure that salty air won't adversely effect a good smoke. Info/input?
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    LiquidChaos66:
    My family and I are gonna be going to the beach next month for my birthday and I wanted to make sure that salty air won't adversely effect a good smoke. Info/input?

Everything tastes better at the beach. I used to live down by South Padre Island TX and had my own boat for offshore fishing. Great time in my life. Fishin, Drinkin, Reggae music. Great tan.
    bring a Herfador to keep the sand out. LOL
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I don't live on a beach, but I couldn't live anywhere in the world where I couldn't breath sea air. Maybe that's why I like Islay scotches. No problem with the location. The humidity will be up, so don't worry about the cigars drying out. Sand and sun, yikes. Find a nice cabana to enjoy them at.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah there is something about the beach air that makes life fantastic. :) We are visiting the family cabin and this will be the first cigar i will have had there. Big plans too... my daughter is finally old enough to really enjoy out vacations! :) a cigar will just be the icing on the cake.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pilgrimtex:
    Everything tastes better at the beach.
    Amen to that, brother!!

Heading to the east coast towards the end of summer; I'm counting down the days.
    Can't wait to eat fresh seafood everyday, and sit next to the water smoking cigars all day long.

The lakes/reservoirs in OH/MI are nice .... but it's just not the same as being by the ocean ....

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    pilgrimtex:
    Everything tastes better at the beach.
    Amen to that, brother!!

Heading to the east coast towards the end of summer; I'm counting down the days.
    Can't wait to eat fresh seafood everyday, and sit next to the water smoking cigars all day long.

The lakes/reservoirs in OH/MI are nice .... but it's just not the same as being by the ocean ....
    When and where?
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing like watching the waves while enjoying a good cigar. If it gets real windy then that sometimes causes problems
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    God made the beach just for enjoying cigars! Best place to smoke them in my opinion. As ricky said, it can get a little windy sometimes, but otherwise perfect....
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    mmccartneydc:
    When and where?
    New England in September-ish.

• mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    mmccartneydc:
    When and where?
    Ahhh I see, was hoping maybe you'd be swinging through on the way to Florida or something. Wanted to be sure to meet up, but unfortunately you are not! However, I hope you have a great trip bro!
    mmccartneydc:
    jgibv:
    mmccartneydc:
    When and where?
    Ahhh I see, was hoping maybe you'd be swinging through on the way to Florida or something. Wanted to be sure to meet up, but unfortunately you are not! However, I hope you have a great trip bro!
    Sorry Doc, don't have any plans to head your direction soon, but if that changes I'll let you know .... (hope to visit KY next month but that's as far south as I'll probably get this year)

Would love to visit that cool, speak-easy place you posted about last year(?)
    That's on my vacation "wish-list"

(Sorry for hijacking your thread, LiquidChaos.)

Rhamlin:
    Nothing like watching the waves while enjoying a good cigar. If it gets real windy then that sometimes causes problems

I'm gonna on the Oregon coast... If its not windy then something is horribly wrong!!!! Lol
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    Rhamlin:

I'm gonna on the Oregon coast... If its not windy then something is horribly wrong!!!! Lol
    I wondered which Portland you were in... I went to Maine on my honeymoon and it was awesome up there (and windy and cold in early May) Haven't been to Oregon yet!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    Oregon is fantstic! I love it here. I am literally an hour or two from the mountains, the beach, the desert and tons of rivers and lakes. It's wonderful! Minus rain 80-90% of the year. ;) it's shaping up to be an awesome summer!
    LiquidChaos66:
    Oregon is fantstic! I love it here. I am literally an hour or two from the mountains, the beach, the desert and tons of rivers and lakes. It's wonderful! Minus rain 80-90% of the year. ;) it's shaping up to be an awesome summer!
    You ever make it over to hood river/ govt camp???

I have in the past. Not too often nowadays. There is a lake I love fishing at out there. Timothy lake. Best damn trout fishin I've had in years. Too many natives though. Couldn't keep them.
    LiquidChaos66:
    I have in the past. Not too often nowadays. There is a lake I love fishing at out there. Timothy lake. Best damn trout fishin I've had in years. Too many natives though. Couldn't keep them.
    It's beautiful up that way.
    Heck, the whole PNW is fantastic .... would love to move there some day.

Enjoy your vacation, sounds like a great time!!