Home Ratings & Reviews

Cu-Avana Intenso

ZAPZAP Posts: 186 ✭✭
I ordered two of the 5-packs on the daily deal last week...got 10 cigars for $20 bucks and couldn't be happier.

Positives:  Excellent construction and burn....nice basic cigar flavor...perhaps a little minty at times...good flavor not great...not as full flavored as expected but solid.

Negatives:  None really....unless you are looking for an epic cigar....

Overall: A nice every day cigar with some substance....didn't look real big but burned a long time (I read most of the latest ESPN the Mag issue while smoking it)...not one you want to sit down and contemplate while you smoke it but a nice basic smoke...would be perfect for golfing or fishing etc....this was a great buy but not one I would buy for a "special occasion" or anthing like that..

Edit-Just followed up with a Carlos Torano Silver Exodus and that one was clearly milder in body and better in taste but still nothing wrong with the Cu-Avano...just wanted to note it probably is closer to full bodied than medium bodied..

Edit #2-Had this a few more times now...once on the golf course (we were walking) and we both had a hard time keeping it lit...I actually do not like smoking on the course as it is more of a burden than an enjoyment and this proved why......

I also had this  tonight again in a casual setting and I really enjoyed this...great finish...definitely full bodied and full flavored...great value...

Comments

• laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    ZAP:
    I ordered two of the 5-packs on the daily deal last week...got 10 cigars for $20 bucks and couldn't be happier.

Positives:  Excellent construction and burn....nice basic cigar flavor...perhaps a little minty at times...good flavor not great...not as full flavored as expected but solid.

Overall: A nice every day cigar with some substance....didn't look real big but burned a long time (I read most of the latest ESPN the Mag issue while smoking it)...not one you want to sit down and contemplate while you smoke it but a nice basic smoke...would be perfect for golfing or fishing etc....this was a great buy but not one I would buy for a "special occasion" or anthing like that..

Edit-Just followed up with a Carlos Torano Silver Exodus and that one was clearly milder in body and better in taste but still nothing wrong with the Cu-Avano...just wanted to note it probably is closer to full bodied than medium bodied..

Edit #2-Had this a few more times now...once on the golf course (we were walking) and we both had a hard time keeping it lit...I actually do not like smoking on the course as it is more of a burden than an enjoyment and this proved why......

I also had this  tonight again in a casual setting and I really enjoyed this...great finish...definitely full bodied and full flavored...great value...
    I also picked up a couple of these from that one day deal. I think they are pretty good. I am going to put the one fiver away for some aging, as these have enough body and flavor that a little aging should do them some good.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    laker1963:
    ZAP:

I also picked up a couple of these from that one day deal. I think they are pretty good. I am going to put the one fiver away for some aging, as these have enough body and flavor that a little aging should do them some good.
    Glad to hear some positives. I have a fiver inbound today as well, as part of a bigger package, and was a little worried about these. But all the reviews I've read so far seem positive at least. ***Just landed on my desk as I was typing this... WOO HOO! Cigars at work... May be time to slip out to a long lunch***
    cholmes8310:
    laker1963:
    ZAP:

Glad to hear some positives. I have a fiver inbound today as well, as part of a bigger package, and was a little worried about these. But all the reviews I've read so far seem positive at least. ***Just landed on my desk as I was typing this... WOO HOO! Cigars at work... May be time to slip out to a long lunch***

WELL ? C'mon man you've been gone for over 5 hours. How was it ? LOL
    laker1963:
    cholmes8310:
    laker1963:
    ZAP:

haha. I wish. Didn't happen. Maybe another day this week. Glad to hear some positives. I have a fiver inbound today as well, as part of a bigger package, and was a little worried about these. But all the reviews I've read so far seem positive at least. ***Just landed on my desk as I was typing this... WOO HOO! Cigars at work... May be time to slip out to a long lunch***

cholmes8310:
    laker1963:
    cholmes8310:
    laker1963:
    ZAP:

haha. I wish. Didn't happen. Maybe another day this week. Glad to hear some positives. I have a fiver inbound today as well, as part of a bigger package, and was a little worried about these. But all the reviews I've read so far seem positive at least. ***Just landed on my desk as I was typing this... WOO HOO! Cigars at work... May be time to slip out to a long lunch***

Was it really so bad that you couldn't even bring yourself to comment? LMAO
    laker1963:
    cholmes8310:
    laker1963:
    cholmes8310:
    laker1963:
    ZAP:

Was it really so bad that you couldn't even bring yourself to comment? LMAO
    Sorry, this is what I get for posting from the iPhone. I actually responded, but it went inside another qoute. My answer was:

"haha. I wish. Didn't happen. Maybe another day this week."