Home Cigar 101

Too many devices?

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
I know you can have too muh humidity in a humi. But if you have multiple (using these as examples cause it's what I have) say multiple large Dr. RH jars in one humi can there be too many? They are set to an RH of what 70%ish? So other than taking up space can it be bad?
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Nope, more control=more stability
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Sweet! That's what I assumed... Just wanted a little confirmation. :)
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as it's getting the job done. As long as the extra "devices" were not causing excess RH or too little RH, the more the merrier.
    So hypothetically I could have a jar set up for a 100ct setup in my 50ct humi and be ok?
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    So hypothetically I could have a jar set up for a 100ct setup in my 50ct humi and be ok?
    I'm not 100% certain but I would think that you could do that with no problem. I wouldn't be the least bit hesitant to try it as long as there was a hygrometer to tell me if everythings going right.
    Cool cool! Thats what i was thinking. Logistically if a humidity device is set to a specific RH then why would it produce too much for smaller environments meant for their "designated" use? it just means it wouldnt have to work as hard to keep up right?
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    Cool cool! Thats what i was thinking. Logistically if a humidity device is set to a specific RH then why would it produce too much for smaller environments meant for their "designated" use? it just means it wouldnt have to work as hard to keep up right?
    Exactly
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    HUZZAH! :)
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been using Conservagel beads and Humipaks for a few years now. I just refresh them every few months and they work fine. Just keep an eye on the RH with a digital hygrometer and you'll be fine.
    YankeeMan... Awesome sig! M*A*S*H is the best!!!