Home Ratings & Reviews

thoughts on Aganorsa leaf?

blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
Whoever has smoked any, because I'm not experienced with the brand at all, could you share your thoughts, taste profiles, likes & dislikes with casa fernandez cigars and their aganorsa leaf? There is a new blend I'm thinking of trying, just haven't had anything from the brand or the leaf in general. Its an exclusive so I don't really want to discuss the line. Though if you've tried it and know what I mean your thoughts are welcome.

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Great leaf, and used more then you think as those guys contract out for others. The Casa Fernandez stuff is good, and I like it personally. They do some of Ezra Zion's stuff, and I love their smokes.
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    I figured they outsourced, nowadays every NC blend mixes. I've probably had a lot and never realized, just like plasencias tobacco. I'll decide, next order is coming up so figuring my choices.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    What's the blend you're looking at?
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    I'll pm you. I want to grab it before its gone, think its a once a year release.
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    I'm a fan of Casa Fernandez and the aganorsa leaf in the maduro is one of my favorites. As usual for me I like my maduros with some rest to them and when you rest this one it gives you some really good flavors. I also love the Casa Fernandez Miami...I'd smoke just about anything they put out.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting Aganorsa tasting video

https://youtu.be/861mXIwuB2I

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the JFRs I've smoked, and have a few more Aganorsa sticks resting a few more weeks.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

A good amount of Illusione sticks use the Aganorsa leaf. The higher end Warped stuff as well. I think the flavor is very similar to Brazilian tobacco, with a bit less sweetness. It's been something I've enjoyed every time I've had it.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very interesting video thanks for sharing Chris. I do like many of the blends they put out. Very smooth blends with that classic sweetness.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

It's interesting that this video is a bunch of pipe smokers interviewing someone from the cigar industry, someone posted this over on PSD (Pipesmokersden) but thought it was interesting enough to share here.

I'm a fan of the Aganorsa leaf, not sure I've always enjoyed their own cigars but I enjoy the Illusione, Warped, and other cigars that use this leaf well in their blends.

@Yakster said:
    It's interesting that this video is a bunch of pipe smokers interviewing someone from the cigar industry, someone posted this over on PSD (Pipesmokersden) but thought it was interesting enough to share here.

I'm a fan of the Aganorsa leaf, not sure I've always enjoyed their own cigars but I enjoy the Illusione, Warped, and other cigars that use this leaf well in their blends.

Smoking pipes seems to be getting more into cigars of late.

Probably hedging their bets against increasing regulation prohibiting sale of flavored (aromatic) tobacco. That's why a lot of people are stockpiling pipe tobacco right now too.

• VisionVision Posts: 7,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Y’all can give me **** for this.... I get it.

Has anyone tried Gurkha Nicaragua Series? It could be blended in North Korea for all I care but I’m assuming being made at TABSA it won’t/shouldn’t have the normal Gurkha issues....... I assume..... hope...... maybe even pray.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Judging from CI's site I can't tell. The employees haven't rated them yet.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

Has anyone tried Gurkha Nicaragua Series? It could be blended in North Korea for all I care but I’m assuming being made at TABSA it won’t/shouldn’t have the normal Gurkha issues....... I assume..... hope...... maybe even pray.

Message received. Fiver incoming?

Don't look ↑

@VegasFrank said:

@Vision said:

Message received. Fiver incoming?

NO!

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dry Beg ^^^

NO! X2

@Vision said:
    NO! X2

Graduated to Master Beggar.

So I’m over here thinking...... would a Farm/Factory/Blender ..... I’m talking reputable big name IE My Father, TABSA, AJ..... allow for a total dud sh*t cigar to be intentionally made at their factory? 🤔

Nica Libre Aganorsa Leaf got an 89 on Blind Man for example. Can we ignore the band and judge the cigar on its content or does ones reputation precede it?

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

Smoked a Nico Libre yesterday, one of many I've had, no complaints..

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

@Vision said:
    So I’m over here thinking...... would a Farm/Factory/Blender ..... I’m talking reputable big name IE My Father, TABSA, AJ..... allow for a total dud sh*t cigar to be intentionally made at their factory? 🤔

It's a question of taste, De gustibus non est disputandum. I've had cigars from reputable big names that left me flat. Now, in matters of construction quality there's definitely room for dispute and we should expect quality cigars from reputable sources, but whether they blow our dresses up or not is a different matter.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes! Got a bunch of those ^, the package delivery guys are happy taking them it turns out, though I could bomb some old timers with them so they can take a stroll down memory lane.