Home Cigar 101

hygrometer calibration

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
How often do you calibrate/recalibrate your hygrometer? I have both an analog and a Caliber III digital hygrometer. I prefer my digital cause it has the temp reading on it too. I calibrated it last month for the first time when i got it with a calibration pack that it came with.
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    How often do you calibrate/recalibrate your hygrometer? I have both an analog and a Caliber III digital hygrometer. I prefer my digital cause it has the temp reading on it too. I calibrated it last month for the first time when i got it with a calibration pack that it came with.
    Every couple of months. If for no other reason then peace of mind.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Cool thanks!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i only do it when i replace a battery or if i feel it is giving a false or inconsistent reading.
    About how long does it take for a battery in a digital hygrometer to die? I just replaced the battery on my analog so it should be good for a while... ;)
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    About how long does it take for a battery in a digital hygrometer to die? I just replaced the battery on my analog so it should be good for a while... ;)
    I've had mine for a year and it's fine so far. Some of them (maybe all?) will get a dim display when they're about to die.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i replaced my first battery in a hygrometer after 3 years.
    im sure all brands last different lengths of time. but they last a while.
    Awesome sauce! Thanks! :)
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    I have a buttload of hygros so I test them every 6 months and I use my best hygro to compare the rest. I put them all in a big ziploc (salt test) and compare the numbers to which any that don't match get tossed but so far in the last 3 years they are all within 1 to 2%.