Home Ratings & Reviews

Sweet conneticut cigars that will satisfy?

christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
Lately I have been getting tired of maduro cigars. Can you recommend any "sweet" connecticut cigars. Enjoy that sweet toasty aroma without inhaling overpowering taste? Some such as the nub conneticut i thought tasted too rustic. Cant come up with a better term. I just dont want to give up on cigars.

Comments

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AVO is the first one that comes to mind. I am a big fan of the MoW Virtue Lonsdale too.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RB Odyssey for sure, Olivia G gotta nice flavor, CAO America is barber pole and sweet, 5Vegas Gold..
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Nadi cigars, monte white, Jamison red label, Avo, Avo xo, zino classic, San Latano lancero. Also look for blends with a San Andreas, broadleaf, or corojo binder.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Montecristo White, Ashton original (or Cabinet), Perdomo 10th Anny Champagne. A couple cheper sticks that I've always thought were good connies are Verdadero Organic and Park Avenue.
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Heavy:
    Ashton original (or Cabinet), Perdomo 10th Anny Champagne.

These
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    AVO classic, San Cristobal Eleganica, Davidoff 3x3, Mario Palomino, Perdomo Champagne. All more sweet then spice. I feel like im missing one.
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    CAO Gold... Smooth and tasty. Might it be that one Drew?
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    havent had one yet but sounds like I better add one to the next order. I think I was thinking Nat Sherman.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    The Gran Habano #1, Gurkha Symphony if you can find it, The Oliva Connecticut Reserve.
    Not Connies but sweet, CAO Cameroon, Camacho Candela, MOW Phalanx, Oliva Serie G, CAO osa sol but only in the lot 58, EP Carillio Encantos.

• BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    I have to say I was not a huge connecticut fan until I ran into the RomaCraft Intemperance EC XVIII, I prefer the hort perfect over the short robusto and haven't had the others in the line but damn if that wasn't a mild cigar with a ton of flavor (in my opinion due to the mixing of nicaraguan/dominican filler). AVO line as mentioned above is great as well. Damn now I want a conny!
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cusano Xclusivo Preferido -- sweet conny end to end
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    AVO classic, San Cristobal Eleganica, Davidoff 3x3, Mario Palomino, Perdomo Champagne. All more sweet then spice. I feel like im missing one.
    +1 on the Palimino's, Avo's, and SC Elegancia's. The Palominos have an awesome toasty sweetness and the elegancia has a really neat almost citrusy taste. Avo's are always excellent. I like the room 101 connie as well!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • CharlieCordusCharlieCordus Posts: 84 ✭✭
    Lgc artisan retro especial... Or something like that. Long name but really tasty rott
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I'll second the Bueso Odyssey. I've had 3 or 4 toros in the past month or so and have really enjoyed them. They're mild enough for a morning drive but still provide lots of substance overall. I also enjoyed the Mario Palomino and the AVO classic is hard to beat. 5V gold is good for a mild smoke you don't have to pay much attention to. I think my most favorite Connecticut that I've had lately is the MOW Virtue. I really like the CAO black too for a relatively inexpensive all-day pallet pleaser. The LGC retro especial is also very very good. So many good ones out there.
  • pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    My PTSD won't allow me to remember all the Conn. that I liked. Probably why I keep a jar of bands in the lounge to remind me. I like the MOW Virtue and I just received a NUB conn in the 66 ring size. Not bad. Further back is like a haze of smoke. Or am I gettin old. LOL
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    The virtue wasn't all that bad IMO. I thought it started off well but turned a bit to the harsh side after the 1/2 way point. Could have been cuz they were rather fresh too. For connies, I like some of davidoff's, CAO America is good (not a true conni), gurkha turks are one of my favs, monte whites, and there was a my father blend that had a conni on it which I freaking love. Not sure if the shop still has them anymore, was an exlusive to a shop I believe. The nub conni is not bad as well, I like the 60 size, which I think I may have one or two laying around, if I do I want to light it up, been there a while.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    If you want I could send you one of them my fathers and a turk if you like? Just PM me your addy and I'll dig some out for you.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    No matter how sweet and creamy a Connecticut cigar is, you can never avoid the bitterness. However, I still like few aged creamy Connecticut. I am not going to drop any name because you have already many names to try. My favorite Connecticuts are Stradivarius, couple of Zino, ROOM 101, Carlos Torano Reserva Selecta, Macanudo 2000 and some more. Try Ecuadorian Connecticut, they are less bitter than U.S. Connecticut.
  • DCarp2005DCarp2005 Posts: 140
    I don't think Baccarat has been mentioned. I love this cigar and it is probably one of the best connies i've smoked. If your looking for sweet, then the gum used in the wrapper will satisfy your sweet tooth. Just my opinion.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Gurkha Symphony, Oliva Connecticut Reserve, and Verdadero Organic.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    +1 on the Verdadero.................especially after they sit for a good nap.
    what's up Tony! hope you're doing well!
    KingoftheCove:
    alienmisprint:
    +1 on the Verdadero.................especially after they sit for a good nap.
    what's up Tony! hope you're doing well!
    Yeah man, livin' it up in the 'Stan.
    Also, although they aren't Connecticut wrapped, the CAO CX2 is a very naturally sweet cigar. I have always found them on the milder side of medium bodied and just a very pleasant cigar to smoke, good for any time of day.