Home General Discussion

"Pick My Stick" Weds June 26 COMPLETED Torano Vault

jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
Here are my choices for today.....

1. Tatuaje Ambos Mundos Habano
2. Diesel UHC
3. Torano Vault

You pick it I smoke it with my mini review (and maybe pics depending on the wildlife)

I will be smoking today after dinner approx 6:30 Mountain time.

Vote early and often!

Comments

• SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Torano. That brand doesn't get enough love around here.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Make that 2 for the Torano. If the deisel is young, save it and I didn't enjoy the ambos mundos.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torano looks like the best bet
  • torano, ill second that very under appreciated brand. the noventa is great also
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gotta agree with these two...Torano tonight
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Tat
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    tat
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Tat
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    tat
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Tat fanboys coming out of the woodwork!!!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    Tat
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    Well it is 5 for Vault 5 Tat for so far...... looks like UHC can get more rest..... keep voting for a couple more hours. Wont smoke the winner until 6:30 Mountain time.
    Well since the vote is tied, I will go with the first vote which was for the Torano Vault. Off to do my duty !

Thanks for voting !!
    WOW - smoked for 2 hours 10 minutes !

My last smoke was an AVO Classic. What a difference ! The AVO was 1 hour, smooth, mild and pleasant. The Torano Vault was a powerhouse.

Very nice looking stick. Dark chocolate brown, firm, one large vein and several smaller ones. Sweet prelight lick. Cut clean and prelight draw was just the way I like. Not too loose not too tight just right. Toasted and lit with a soft flame. Tons of flavor. Spicy, with lot of creamy smoke. At the half way point the retro gave very strong chocolate cocoa flavors that I didnt notice before the retro. WOW this is powerful especially compared to the previous stick, the AVO.

I tend to smoke slow and was surprised that the AVO was only a one hour smoke and this was over 2 hours long. By the end, I knew I had a pretty strong cigar here. Very nice smoke, glad it was my after dinner stick. Burn was good but needed one minor touch up. Paired with water, lots of it. Would have been good with a nice dark beer like my usual Moose Drool (which I am out of right now). It needed more than water.

Smoked to the very end on a cool, drizzle rainy evening. I like it. Next time with a dark beer. I recommend this if you like a full body smoke.

Thanks for voting ! (sorry no wild life today)
    I was hoping you would like it. I had a robusto on the golf course a while back and it lasted most of the front nine. I've yet to have a torano that I didn't like.
    pelirrojo:
    I was hoping you would like it. I had a robusto on the golf course a while back and it lasted most of the front nine. I've yet to have a torano that I didn't like.
    I liked it a lot and it sure is a slow smoke at 2 hours 10 min.

Since the budget Tat was a tie yesterday with the Torano Vault, I will do the Tat tonight!
    Don't set your hopes too high... I like all things tat and didn't care much for that one.
    pelirrojo:
    Don't set your hopes too high... I like all things tat and didn't care much for that one.
    You were right. I was expecting Tat Miami flavor and quality and I got much less. Not a terrible stick but not one I would buy again. Burn was very good, but taste didnt do it for me. I still like trying lots of different stuff.
    Yep I agree. Not a bad smoke by any means just not up to Pete Johnson's usual standards. I felt the same way about the el triunfador red.