Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Last night I smoked a Boutique brand cigar from my local B&M that my buddy picked up. It was a Nicaraguan Puro called a Canimao and it really wasn't bad. Not as good the Ashton and Nica Libre I had the night before, but it had pretty good flavor and a great burn and draw.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Had a G.A.R. last night I got from Beta, it was a damn good smoke. Very flavorful, solid construction, nothing too overpowering, just an all-around enjoyable experience. Makes me glad he sent three, lol.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Glad you enjoyed it, Tony. I just finished an H.Upmann Vintage Cameroon. Beautiful cigar, very unique flavor.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Just finished a Cusano 18 paired maduro robusto... I was reading a book on cigars so I wasn't focused on the cigar, but it burned quite well in the windy conditions on this beautiful day
  • Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    Perfect evening well spent with the RP 1992 6 X 60 - this thing burned really well, smooth draw, nice mild flavors....may I have another?
  • Options
    My first two cigar day!

La Aurora 1495 Cameroon 1994... Too bad the wind made this thin guy smoke a wee bit hot... but good flavors for the half I did smoke...
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    cabinetmaker:
    gmill880:
    nothing today was hammered at work ...
    They let you work hammered? Six years ago that woulda been a fine job for me :-)
    Newsflash: gmill is Paula Abdul!

Still hot and humid, but tonight I'm sitting in a nice cool hotel room in Newport News enjoying an exquisite Camacho 1962 Churchill.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    zoom6zoom:
    cabinetmaker:
    gmill880:
    nothing today was hammered at work ...
    They let you work hammered? Six years ago that woulda been a fine job for me :-)
    Newsflash: gmill is Paula Abdul!

Still hot and humid, but tonight I'm sitting in a nice cool hotel room in Newport News enjoying an exquisite Camacho 1962 Churchill.

Damn it !!! Simon is that you ...you damn stalker ...I cant even get away from you on a cigar forum ...
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    My first two cigar day!

La Aurora 1495 Cameroon 1994... Too bad the wind made this thin guy smoke a wee bit hot... but good flavors for the half I did smoke...
    Oh lassie you monster, you know that is one of favorites and you quit it halfway.. How DARE you !
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Lasabar:
    My first two cigar day!

Oh lassie you monster, you know that is one of favorites and you quit it halfway.. How DARE you !
    Kaspera... Aficionado or pile of B U L L $ H I T!!!!!!!

and so it starts.....
  • Options
    In all reality though it was probably my fault...
    I knew the thing was a little guy, and I knew the weather was windy... just couldn't put two and two together
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Lasabar:
    My first two cigar day!

This Season or Ever?
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    Lasabar:
    My first two cigar day!

This Season or Ever?
    Ever
  • Options
    bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    jeff_connors:
    bigbgballz:
    I had a La Finca that somebody gave to me sitting in my humidor for over a year. Never had one so decided to smoke it. 1/3 of it and nothing special. Hopefully more flavours develop.
    I found them to be pretty bland
    Yes Sir, It was pretty bland. I dont think i will ever put one in my humi again. Today, its Cohiba Esplendido for me. I need to make a purchase soon as I am running out of variety. Thinking to try Padilla Cigars.Read good reviews on them.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Yeah big, you really should try some Padilla cigars, on average I smoke about three a week and I like them more each time. I'd really recommend you try the Miami in the torpedo, the Signature 1932 in the torpedo and the 1948 in the churchill...those particular vitolas really give you the best of what each blend has to offer in my opinion.

Today was a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet churchill segundo, always a good, reliable smoke. Later was a Padilla Signature 1932 torpedo, it has been a while since I've had a torpedo as I usually just grab a churchill. The 1932 churchill is a pretty damn good cigar, but it pales in comparison to the torpedo...you could smoke a churchill one day and say "that's a pretty good cigar" and leave it at that and then smoke a torpedo the next day and proclaim" wow! Is that even the same cigar?" Well, I might be exaggerating a bit, but there is quite a difference to me.
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Had a box pressed Cuban Crafters at the trade show today, now I'm smoking a La Gloria Cubana Serie R in the new No 3 size. It's 4 1/2 by a beefy 56 ring guage.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had a DPG Generosos last night. It was my first original blend. It was ok. The burn was messed up in the beginning but that was my fault due to a faulty lighter. I fixed that rather quickly. The taste wasn't bad. It got better around the half way mark but near the end it was bitter. It also got mushy near the last two inches. I hate when they get mushy!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    I hate when they get mushy!
    Thats what SHE said! lol Sorry, couldn't resist.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    rwheelwright:
    I hate when they get mushy!
    Thats what SHE said! lol Sorry, couldn't resist.
    It's true! That IS what she said! LOL!
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Was really enjoying an RP 90 this morning. Than the rain hit. I smoke on a covered porch so its ok to smoke in the rain but........... I guess all that humidity messed with the flavor and the wrapper just decided not to burn. Had to keep touching it up but was basically smoking filler and binder which tasted like crap. Super frusturating since the the boss lady(fiance) is on my case about not having more than 2 cigars a week and would probably throw a fit if I lit up right now. Even though thats all I want to do now that Ive awoke from a very nice nap and shes still asleep.
  • Options
    gaberox:
    Was really enjoying an RP 90 this morning. Than the rain hit. I smoke on a covered porch so its ok to smoke in the rain but........... I guess all that humidity messed with the flavor and the wrapper just decided not to burn. Had to keep touching it up but was basically smoking filler and binder which tasted like crap. Super frusturating since the the boss lady(fiance) is on my case about not having more than 2 cigars a week and would probably throw a fit if I lit up right now. Even though thats all I want to do now that Ive awoke from a very nice nap and shes still asleep.

Why does she not like your smoking cigars? Smell, expense , health or what ? Always interests me why the ladies get so excited ......about cigars that is ...
  • Options
    jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    Just got done smoking a Perdomo Reserve Golf Edition. As with all Perdomo sticks this had excellent construction. Burn line got a bit wavy about midway but it corrected itself nicely heading into the final third. The Champagne is still my favorite stick in Perdomo's Reserve line but this Golf Edition is an excellent change of pace.
  • Options
    bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    j0z3r:
    Yeah big, you really should try some Padilla cigars, on average I smoke about three a week and I like them more each time. I'd really recommend you try the Miami in the torpedo, the Signature 1932 in the torpedo and the 1948 in the churchill...those particular vitolas really give you the best of what each blend has to offer in my opinion.

Today was a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet churchill segundo, always a good, reliable smoke. Later was a Padilla Signature 1932 torpedo, it has been a while since I've had a torpedo as I usually just grab a churchill. The 1932 churchill is a pretty damn good cigar, but it pales in comparison to the torpedo...you could smoke a churchill one day and say "that's a pretty good cigar" and leave it at that and then smoke a torpedo the next day and proclaim" wow! Is that even the same cigar?" Well, I might be exaggerating a bit, but there is quite a difference to me.
    Torpedos are probably my favourite shape, that is why i took your advice and ordered Padilla Torpedo Introductory Sampler from CCOM, now i cant wait :)
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was a 5 Vegas Miami.. Don't remember where I got it, but I am sure it came from one of you guys.. A pleasant cigar with lots of woody, leather, flavors and just a slight hint of spiciness. The draw got tight about three quarters through, but worked itself out nicely.
    A nice cigar from Peppin/ 5 Vegas..
  • Options
    Nothing for me today but I did just leave the local B&M. I broke my rule this month. That's two months in a row! Uh-oh. I'm never going to be able to afford a house but I did leave with some good stuff!

I picked up 4 ESG Torpedos for $24.95 each! I then got 2 of what I think are the Perfecxion X Opus X. They are wrapped in cedar and from what I can tell only the Perfecxion X is warrped in cedar. One for me and one for a friend. They were $19.95 each. I also go two Opus X Perfecxion No. 5 for $13.95 each. He gave me the box from the No. 5 which is cool cause I don't have any of the Opux X boxes. I bought one Tabak Especial because I wanted to try it and he gave me a Punch Gran Puro. So after $184 I am done but I think I got myself some decent stuff. Not that I needed it but I did want to try the ESG Torpedo and an Opus in a smaller size.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    Nothing for me today but I did just leave the local B&M. I broke my rule this month. That's two months in a row! Uh-oh. I'm never going to be able to afford a house but I did leave with some good stuff!

I picked up 4 ESG Torpedos for $24.95 each! I then got 2 of what I think are the Perfecxion X Opus X. They are wrapped in cedar and from what I can tell only the Perfecxion X is warrped in cedar. One for me and one for a friend. They were $19.95 each. I also go two Opus X Perfecxion No. 5 for $13.95 each. He gave me the box from the No. 5 which is cool cause I don't have any of the Opux X boxes. I bought one Tabak Especial because I wanted to try it and he gave me a Punch Gran Puro. So after $184 I am done but I think I got myself some decent stuff. Not that I needed it but I did want to try the ESG Torpedo and an Opus in a smaller size.

rwheelwright I think you will enjoy the ESG's they are very good ! Sounds like ya got some tasty stuff . I really like the Tabak Especial (what size did ya get) I;ve got about a dozen of the Toro size of these left.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I had a Graycliff 1666 Maduro Robusto. Alls I have to say on this one is bletch! I tossed it after 2 inches. More details tomorrow.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    gmill880:
    gaberox:

Why does she not like your smoking cigars? Smell, expense , health or what ? Always interests me why the ladies get so excited ......about cigars that is ...

Mostly shes worried for my health. She doesnt care for the smell at all but I dont overspend so its not the money. Though shed rather have that money for something else. Shes glad Ive found something I enjoy so very much but is affraid its going to damage my body. Not sure what to say about that since I havent researched the health risks enough to make an educated analysis.
  • Options
    Today at work had time for 2 smokes ...first was a RyJ Viejo ...This is my favorite RyJ along with the Reserve...this one did not dissapoint ,lots of smoke and very tasty...nubbed it. Second was a DE Chateau Real , always a good solid smoke ...not my favorite DE but a good smoke with good flavor and had a few burn issues but might have been my lighting as I screwed it up a bit...nothing more tonight kinda rainey a bit and just not in the mood for a night "gar ...
  • Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    Man O War - good lord that one is aptly named. Does this make me a General?