Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    for my second smoke of the day....just finished a Perdomo2 Epicure in a maduro wrapper....very nice smoke....perfect draw...lots of creamy smoke...it did not dissapoint.
  • Options
    shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    I am going to have to try the ccom brazilian label - the cao brazilia is a great cigar. even burn and a nice, smooth earthy flavor. trying to decide if i want a second - it is a toss up between a casa magna colorado or a cao gold maduro.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    shamrocked:
    I am going to have to try the ccom brazilian label - the cao brazilia is a great cigar. even burn and a nice, smooth earthy flavor. trying to decide if i want a second - it is a toss up between a casa magna colorado or a cao gold maduro.
    Nice Screen Name!
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Just had my first Padron, and it was excellent. Draw was a little tight and it had a short finish, but it had an excellent burn and great flavor. I got some coffee, some chocolate, and just a hint of spice. Really a good smoke overall. Big thanks to Ron for this one.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Just had a Henry Clay. The draw was tighter than I normally like, other than the construction was spot-on. Flavor wise, it was pretty good. Finish was pretty short, but the flavor that was there was good, I would definately smoke another if it had a little looser draw. Thanks to Goldy for hooking me up up with it, I appreciate it.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Just finished a God Of Fire Carlito 2006 Churchill. was definitely a quality smoke, burned excellent and was pleasant the whole way with sweet cedary goodness that got stronger and more pronounced the further it went, but it would be hard to pay the MSRP on this stick again. Was great, but just not that great. I've had Opus's for less with less time that were better.
  • Options
    Sitting out on my back porch smoking one of those Nica Libre Torpedos. Not a bad smoke at all. It was burning pretty uneven through the first inch, but it seems to have corrected itself now. The flavor is pretty good, it really reminds me of the CI Anniversary Epicure and a little of an El Mejor Espresso. I don't know that I would say it tastes like a Padron, but it is definately that same type of flavor, if you know what I mean.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Lazy day so far ...after a little lunch I fired up a 5 Vegas 2009 LImitada ...I enjoyed the flavor but it had some burn issues and had to re-light multiple times which got to be a pain , Good cigar though ...
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Lazy day so far ...after a little lunch I fired up a 5 Vegas 2009 LImitada ...I enjoyed the flavor but it had some burn issues and had to re-light multiple times which got to be a pain , Good cigar though ...
    That is how all the '08s were for me, every one of them had burn issues and trouble staying lit.

I am now enjoying an A. Fernandez Signature, just lit it up. I have high expectations for this one. The Nica Libre I had early got better as I smoked it, by the time it was nubbed, I didn't want it to be over. I smoked it down to where the torpedo tip started tapering down, really good stick. I still say it is closer to the CI Anniversary or El Mejor Espresso, but I dig it more than either of those.
  • Options
    The A. Fernandez was okay, nothing really special though. Maybe it just doesn't suit my palate, but it kinda hit me as one-dimensional. I am in the middle of a CAO Black now though, it is really hitting the spot.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Had an Onyx Churchill last night that was great as always. I think this is my favorite size of these so far. It's been than the robusto and mini-belicoso. I want to try the torobusto 6x60 sometime, but I'm digging the churchills! Not sure what is in store for tonight, but I'm sure I'll be having something.
  • Options
    a few min ago i enjoyed a great 5 Vegas Miami Knuckle....good stick
  • Options
    Well after the 5 Vegas Limitada 09 this afternoon was a relaxing evening in the hot tub. This is my favorite place to enjoy cigars and relax. Started with a Gurkha Ancient Warrior...I've had 2 before diff size (this was a long sucker) and some age (about 4 months) really enhanced this cigar. Very good flavor and burn was very good, a lot of smoke and I enjoyed , lasted over 1 hour and 45 minutes. Third smoke of the day was what is not only my favorite RP but becoming one of my favorites period. A RP Decade Toro. Awsome awsome flavor and was a smoke bomb. Burned like a champ. This one had about 3 months on it ...enjoyed both these babys in the hot tub while drinking Tortuga Rum ...over 3 and a half hours of total relaxation ...I had spaghetti legs when I got out ...I should sleep good tonight !!!
  • Options
    Man, I need to try some Tortuga rum, I see people on here talking about it alot. I have yet to find it in any store though. I also dig the Ancient Warrior, probably my favorite Gurkha.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Started off with a Rocky Patel Decade torpedo, was good until about halfway when it started to develop a funky, bitter-ish flavor. Later was a Garcia y Garcia My father robusto, another winner from Pepin. Later still was a Padilla Signature 1932 Limitado Oscuro torpedo, a very tasty cigar that suffered a bit due to a tight draw, great flavors otherwise.

Also, I forgot to mention that yesterday I tried a Gurkha Micro Batch Liga-S2 (torpedo) that Beta sent me. I was quite surprised to find that it had quite a bit of flavor and some kick to it. I can't say I was crazy about it, but I didn't hate it either. Thanks Beta, it was one of the more interesting Gurkhas I've had to date.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Man, I need to try some Tortuga rum, I see people on here talking about it alot. I have yet to find it in any store though. I also dig the Ancient Warrior, probably my favorite Gurkha.
    <br. The Tortuga is some very good stuff Alien , they stopped distribution in NC but I have a buddy that manages a ABC store and me and a couple of friends will special order a case at a time to split 3 ways. The Ancient Warrior from tonight was a really good smoke. The first two I had I remember not being overly excited about but this one was excellent not exactly sure of the size but I would say 7.5 X 50 or so ...the age may have been the trick or maybe the size. I will definitly pick up a few more ...Next time I order some Tortuga if you have not found any yet maybe I can send you a bottle to check out ...would be more than glad to do so . Gene
  • Options
    alienmisprint:

The Tortuga is some very good stuff Alien , they stopped distribution in NC but I have a buddy that manages a ABC store and me and a couple of friends will special order a case at a time to split 3 ways. The Ancient Warrior from tonight was a really good smoke. The first two I had I remember not being overly excited about but this one was excellent not exactly sure of the size but I would say 7.5 X 50 or so ...the age may have been the trick or maybe the size. I will definitly pick up a few more ...Next time I order some Tortuga if you have not found any yet maybe I can send you a bottle to check out ...would be more than glad to do so . Gene
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I smoked one of the Cigar.com Brasilian Label tonight. Description found here

http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/67874.aspx

• Options
    bigj51bigj51 Posts: 52
    i had a gurkha fuerte, not bad
  • Options
    Hopefully if the day goes smooth and we stay in with no missions, i have a Drew Estates Tabak Especial Negra i plan to devour tonight.
  • Options
    Archangel32G:
    Hopefully if the day goes smooth and we stay in with no missions, i have a Drew Estates Tabak Especial Negra i plan to devour tonight.

Good cigar - I love those - down to about my last dozen or so...time to re stock
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    gmill880:
    rwheelwright:
    Had that Tabak Especial today while sitting outside at work. It was ok. I wasn't impressed. I would have liked to taste more coffee from the cigar but less or no sweetness on the wrapper. That's the one thing I don't like about the ACID line. I don't like to taste the flaver when I like the wrapper. Oh, not bad but not great. I kinda thought the tobacco itself was a little harsh.

I have never had any harshness from those ...hhmmm not much coffee flavor either ...I hate to say it but maybe a bum stick ...which is a shame if thats your one and only experience with it.
    You know, maybe harshness was the wrong term to use. Maybe the tobacco just had a bland tobacco taste instead of some good flavors. It's hard to explain. I can taste the infused flavor but I can also taste the tobacco seperately and the tobacco itself wasn't that good. Make sense? I will try again though. Maybe from ccom next time. I just went to a local B&M which was more convenient to just pick up a stick or two.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    The other night I had a Helix I picked up in a trade. It wasn't bad, but didn't really do anything for me. Can't say I will be looking for another one, but I am glad that I finally did try one after all this time.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Saturday I had a RP Renassiance. It was good but the wrapper kept cracking in this one spot. When I thought I hit the end of the crack, it would crack more. This fortunately did not affect the burn too much though. I just hate it when that happens.

Yesterday I had a Son Cristobal Clasico. It was good. It was my first San Cristobal. Not the greatest cigar but not bad at all. I might buy a few more of these in the future.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Had a Liga Privada No. 9 while out with friends... a little too overhumidified so it tasted great but wouldn't stay lit at all
  • Options
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:

The Tortuga is some very good stuff Alien , they stopped distribution in NC but I have a buddy that manages a ABC store and me and a couple of friends will special order a case at a time to split 3 ways. The Ancient Warrior from tonight was a really good smoke. The first two I had I remember not being overly excited about but this one was excellent not exactly sure of the size but I would say 7.5 X 50 or so ...the age may have been the trick or maybe the size. I will definitly pick up a few more ...Next time I order some Tortuga if you have not found any yet maybe I can send you a bottle to check out ...would be more than glad to do so . Gene
    That would be awesome man, let me know how much it costs and all. I only have had one of the Ancient Warriors, but I thought it was awesome. Did you notice that the pre-light draw tastes alot like grape Kool-Aid powder? Maybe it was just me.

I'm out on the back porch now and about halfway done with a RP I-Press courtesy of cabinetmaker (we really need to come up with a shorter nickname for you). Great smoke. I had some issues keeping it lit and getting it to burn straight for the first inch or so, but it is doing fine now. Excellent flavor, another RP I dig.
  • Options
    bibbybibby Posts: 152
    alienmisprint:
    I only have had one of the Ancient Warriors, but I thought it was awesome. Did you notice that the pre-light draw tastes alot like grape Kool-Aid powder? Maybe it was just me.
    I love the Ancient Warrior; had one with Pops and got me started into this wonderful activity!

I missed the grape kool-aid in the pre-light draw; damn guess I'll have to go buy so more and try to find that flavor!

Rob
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Had a Ashton VSG illusion last nite, an Oliva serie G cameroon for breakfast, a A. F. sig for lunch, a Gurkha centurian for after lunch, about to light up a RP decade lancero.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:

That would be awesome man, let me know how much it costs and all. I only have had one of the Ancient Warriors, but I thought it was awesome. Did you notice that the pre-light draw tastes alot like grape Kool-Aid powder? Maybe it was just me.

I'm out on the back porch now and about halfway done with a RP I-Press courtesy of cabinetmaker (we really need to come up with a shorter nickname for you). Great smoke. I had some issues keeping it lit and getting it to burn straight for the first inch or so, but it is doing fine now. Excellent flavor, another RP I dig.

Didnt pick up grape kool aid ...that woulda been cool though ...
  • Options
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:

Didnt pick up grape kool aid ...that woulda been cool though ...
    Yeah, it was so odd it took me a few minutes to figure out what it was. Then it dawned on me that it tasted just like Grape Kool-Aid. I even had my buddy take a draw on it pre-light to see if he got the same thing. Maybe it was just that stick.

I had a Cuvee Blanc earlier and it lived up to its name completely. The flavor was totally blank. It was a thoroughly uneventful, bland cigar. I am currently fixing my dissapointment from that with a RP Rennaisance, one I think Jo sent me almost four months ago. Awesome cigar, this one is much better than the first one I had (and I liked the first one). I seem to be on a reall RP kick lately, I was about to smoke a JDN Celebracion BBC sent me, when I saw the Rennaisance sitting in the corner of the humi. That makes 2 RPs for today, both of them great.