Home Cigar 101

Box split "how to" question.

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've never done a box split on the forum. I'm still a newbie here but I did look for threads to try and find the answer to my question, but can't seem to find anything. How do you handle the money distribution on a box split? Paypal? Money orders? Travelers checks? ccom gift cards?

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    I've never done a box split on the forum. I'm still a newbie here but I did look for threads to try and find the answer to my question, but can't seem to find anything. How do you handle the money distribution on a box split? Paypal? Money orders? Travelers checks? ccom gift cards?
    Any/all of the above .... just whatever people feel comfortable with and everyone agrees to before hand.

Paypal seems to be the most popular though. I prefer checks though.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you send ccom gift cards by email?
    Bob Luken:
    Can you send ccom gift cards by email?
    Yes.

• CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    I've done a lot of splits with those I know...PP is a good way to keep things in order as you get your funds quickly and then you send the product to your friend. This keeps the process clean with no issues later.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    many people dont have paypal.
    i like checks. but i have had money orders, travelers checks, and one time even cash.

the real issue is to trust the person you are dealing with.
  • edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    I'm sure if your doing a box split and it's being purchased from Cigar.com you can most likely ask them to charge two different credit cards for the one box. I guess it will then get shipped to one of the two peoples and then reshipped to the other. If it's not via Cigar.com then i guess any way you can get a hold of the money works.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    edelrionyc:
    I'm sure if your doing a box split and it's being purchased from Cigar.com you can most likely ask them to charge two different credit cards for the one box. I guess it will then get shipped to one of the two peoples and then reshipped to the other. If it's not via Cigar.com then i guess any way you can get a hold of the money works.
    well damn... thats a great idea right there.
  • edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    edelrionyc:
    I'm happy to help..... :-)
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That IS a nice idea. They should offer split services to forum members. Maybe a small fee to each participant to cover handling/shipping but not much because the deal probably came with free shipping to begin with. (Maybe 2% of the box price charged to each split participant.) Who at ccom should we pitch this plan to?
    edelrionyc:
    kuzi16:
    edelrionyc:
    I'm happy to help..... :-)
    +1

I'm sure a quick email to your rep (The Beard, Andy D, etc) would be all it takes to set this up.

• Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah PayPal is easier, I prefer cash, check, money order only because our Paypal is connected to wife's work acct. and she has several deposits during the week, so I don't wanna trow any of the balances off.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glock1975:
    Yeah PayPal is easier, I prefer cash, check, money order only because our Paypal is connected to wife's work acct. and she has several deposits during the week, so I don't wanna trow any of the balances off.
    Yep..don't want the comings and goings of cigar related money in plain sight..it's the math o ly we can understand and justify..