Home Cigar 101

The last place you'd want your sticks to be?

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
Where's the last place you'd want your family to keep your gift of cigars for two weeks in the summer before it's time for you to open your present? (Thoughtful gift but they just don't know any better. LOL)

Comments

• onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glove Box, 4 days, first week of Sept in central TX. I almost cried. smoked em with a smile
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    onestrangeone:
    Glove Box, 4 days, first week of Sept in central TX. I almost cried. smoked em with a smile
    Bingo! Not even sure how long they've been in the car but I've been tipped off that I was getting some cigars and just this morning I found out that's where they are. Not surprising to me really. I had to clean up wine stains off the leather seats before because someone thought it was OK to keep a bottle of wine in the car indefinitely. I'll try not to lecture them today. I haven't received them just yet. Of course I'll be looking for beetles the first chance I get. Besides beetles, are they salvageable?
  • Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Where's the last place you'd want your family to keep your gift of cigars for two weeks in the summer before it's time for you to open your present? (Thoughtful gift but they just don't know any better. LOL)
    Inside a White House intern
  • edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    In a Gurkha factory....
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    edelrionyc:
    In a Gurkha factory....
    lol thats funny right there!!
    my parents bought me some smokes for christmas last year, wrapped them and let sit on the fireplace they use all the time! oh yeah did i mention they bought em in october!!
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    onestrangeone:
    Bingo! Not even sure how long they've been in the car but I've been tipped off that I was getting some cigars and just this morning I found out that's where they are. Not surprising to me really. I had to clean up wine stains off the leather seats before because someone thought it was OK to keep a bottle of wine in the car indefinitely. I'll try not to lecture them today. I haven't received them just yet. Of course I'll be looking for beetles the first chance I get. Besides beetles, are they salvageable?
    I'd freeze them, put them in the humi, and wait at least a month. Think about it, what's the temp in the back of a UPS truck during transit? Who knows...fortunately that's not usually for long, but it happens every summer.

Oh, and it's the lovely thought that counts, right?

grr,... mumble mumble...freaking beetles...
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    Last place I'd like to see my cigars placed is with my exwife...she took a hammer to my humidors and cut all of my sticks in half when I came back from a business trip...that's why she's my exwife.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Very sorry to hear about it. Well...she is ex now.
    Cigary:
    Last place I'd like to see my cigars placed is with my exwife...she took a hammer to my humidors and cut all of my sticks in half when I came back from a business trip...that's why she's my exwife.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Poopy Jones:
    Bob Luken:

Ziiiing!!
  • BamablowsBamablows Posts: 338
    Toombes:
    Poopy Jones:
    Bob Luken:

Ziiiing!!
    i giggled at this the other night when i read it, and i was hoping someone else would catch it!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    My wife wanted to surprise me with some cigars one time and stored them in the vegetable bin of the refrigerator. They picked up the aroma of onions. It was the thought that counted there.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the time my wife just goes ahead and gives them to me early because she's afraid of something happening to them.
    Rhamlin:
    Most of the time my wife just goes ahead and gives them to me early because she's afraid of something happening to them.
    Now that's marital bliss!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    Rhamlin:
    Now that's marital bliss!
    Yeah she has her moments:)
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    was gifted some from a coworker who kept them in the bottom drawer of his tool box till he remembered them..nice and oily....
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    Cigary:
    Wow! That's just wrong. Def see why she's an ex!!
  • pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    The freezer because if they're in the freezer I have a bug problem.
    Stsepas:
    Cigary:
    Wow! That's just wrong. Def see why she's an ex!!
    Off the thread topic but,

Have you ever wondered why women are considered "the Fair Sex"?

While I was in nursing school, we touched on the gender subject one day, Nursing being considered a female profession, and women being considered more "right" for the job. Backed up by the textbooks, which were written by women, there was a lengthy discussion about how women were more sympathetic, empathetic, gentle and non-violent creatures motivated by love and tenderness, while men were generally selfish, egotistical, with little sympathy for the needs and feelings of others. Everyone turned to look at me, the only male present, and asked; "Yeah, 'Amos', why is that?"

I slowly sat full upright, looked around, and said:

"Lorena Bobbit"

The class burst into gales of laughter

"There," I said, "a whole room full of empathetic sympathetic caring women find it hilarious that a woman dismembered her husband for cheating on her. What if a man had cut his wifes breasts off for cheating on him? Every one of you, and all the men in America, would be calling him a monster and clammoring for his head. NO ONE would laugh, at all, ever, not even all those callous unfeeling men. And yet, you still consider yourself the ones with the gentle natures?"

The discussion, it seems, was over.

• CigarMan37CigarMan37 Posts: 432
    Between my butt cheeks, although I have been told things age pretty well there
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    Uh....not that I don't want your time here to be fun but there really is decorum in how we act and I'm thinkin your comment isn't what we look for. I get that some like to say things in fun and things like that but the people here from everything I've seen and read from them might back me up....there are other forums that post things like that and you might hunt them down and join...I've never enjoyed that kind of banter and your comment sounded like something I'd hear from a 13 year old...just sayin.