Home Non Cigar Related

What are your plans for the 4th of july?? What are you smoking??

I'm going camping with some friends of mine, so it will be a weekend full of beer drinking and blowing stuff up. I will be smoking whatever is coming for the cigar of the month club and i bought the sol cubano sampler.

Comments

• dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    I'm off to Boulder (leave tomorrow at 5 AM) Monday through Wednesday to meet up with an old college friend and do some climbing. We'll hit 10 or so pitches in the Flatirons outside of Boulder on Tuesday, and we'll be trying to bag a peak called Spearhead in Rocky Mountain National Park on Wednesday.

On Thursday, my wife will bring the kids out to Breckenridge, where we're renting a giant house and getting together with several of our college friends and their families. We'll stay out there for five days , and fly back to Charlotte on Tuesday.

What will I be smoking? Probably nothing, although I may convince the guys to head out to the local shop one day. If we do, we'll surely pick up some Onyx Reserve for old time's sake.

• MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    On the 4th we're gonna do two kinds of smoken one on the smoker and the other a good cigar, drink alittle.....O.K. alot and shoot off fireworks!!
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I've got a CAO America I've been saving since Christmas just for the fourth of July. I hope it was worth the wait.
  • rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    I will end up smoking a cigar or two while on the lake and then watch fireworks from the roommate's boat. I can see some drinking taking place for me as well!!
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Markbb:
    On the 4th we're gonna do two kinds of smoken one on the smoker and the other a good cigar
    I'll be firing up the smoker to cook for a bunch of peope too.

I have a CAO America that I've been saving, and an Opus X 2005 that my best friend gave me that has been in my humidor for well over a year. He'll be in town from California for the weekend, so I figure it's as good a time as any to light it up.

We'll probably go watch fireworks over the River and light off a few of our own.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Scrambler:
    I have a CAO America that I've been saving, and an Opus X 2005 that my best friend gave me that has been in my humidor for well over a year. He'll be in town from California for the weekend, so I figure it's as good a time as any to light it up.
    If you were a true patriot, you'd send it to me.
    Urby ... do you sleep? 2:55 am?
    Sure. Just not when normal people do.
    LOL you pull a graveyard or something?
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I'll be out on the grill, and spending time with family and friends. I have a buddy stationed at Ft. Hood, and he's coming up for the weekend. Lot's of drinking and such. I'm not sure what I'll be smoking yet.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Working. I'm a Firefighter with the USFS, and so that day for us is usually reserved, not for celebrating with our families like we would like to, but putting out fires that a**holes usually start in the woods with fireworks >-(

And I am thinking in honor of the day, a Ghurkha Grand Age perfecto, one of two left in my humi; that last I will pull out in four years. They have about 18 months on them right now :D
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Smoke=Fire:
    Working. I'm a Firefighter with the USFS, and so that day for us is usually reserved, not for celebrating with our families like we would like to, but putting out fires that a**holes usually start in the woods with fireworks >-(

And I am thinking in honor of the day, a Ghurkha Grand Age perfecto, one of two left in my humi; that last I will pull out in four years. They have about 18 months on them right now :D
    Hopefully you won't have to answer too many calls. Be safe out there, and enjoy your smoke!
  • kodkod Posts: 41
    I plan on going downtown for the fireworks with some friends. And i am going to smoke my first gurkha titan.
    Sounds tasty, Smoke. Just be careful where you toss the butt.
    madurofan:
    LOL you pull a graveyard or something?
    Sort of. I have a sleep disorder and am lucky enough to work in an industry where a man can find flexible hours.
    Well that works well for you then. Didn't mean to make fun of your condition.
    kod:
    I plan on going downtown for the fireworks with some friends. And i am going to smoke my first gurkha titan.
    I just smoked my first Gurkha Beast last night, so make plenty of time. That ring gauge took some getting used to though o.O
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Smoke=Fire:
    kod:
    I just smoked my first Gurkha Beast last night, so make plenty of time. That ring gauge took some getting used to though o.O
    Hey smoke, I have one napping in my humidor, I don't know when I can get to that..What did it take two hours plus ? I've usually have had enough smoke for one cigar at about the hour mark.. after that it starts to make me feel over tobacco-cated % ~
    madurofan:
    I didn't think you were. And even if you were, like I would mind? :)
    kaspera79:
    I've usually have had enough smoke for one cigar at about the hour mark.. after that it starts to make me feel over tobacco-cated
    Now that's interesting. To me, at least. Unless I just don't have the time, I always want more than an hour out of a cigar. (Easy, fellas. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.) An hour and a half is what I consider a good, everyday smoke. If I have the time, even longer is better. (See previous.) I've been known to smoke 2 Hemingway Classics back-to-back.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    kaspera79:
    I've usually have had enough smoke for one cigar at about the hour mark.. after that it starts to make me feel over tobacco-cated
    Now that's interesting. To me, at least. Unless I just don't have the time, I always want more than an hour out of a cigar. (Easy, fellas. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.) An hour and a half is what I consider a good, everyday smoke. If I have the time, even longer is better. (See previous.) I've been known to smoke 2 Hemingway Classics back-to-back.
    Now thats hard core.. I've done two and three a day but never back to back.. I think I start to lose the flavor of the cigar after an hour and need to give my taste buds a rest That and I get a bit of a buzz from stronger cigars that I enjoy.. And that is not what I want from a cigar..
    I hear ya. There are definitely lots of cigars I wouldn't want to smoke 2 of like that. And I sometimes get the buzz, too. I prefer that stage right before that, where you're just . . . mellow.
  • la-henryla-henry Posts: 74
    I'm a fan of smoking one then waiting at least an hour or so before i go to the next. But thats usually because there is a party at my house or just people over that i have to act nice to and not just be the "cigar addict" guy. Although it's been tempting on many occasions.
    kaspera79:
    Smoke=Fire:
    kod:
    Hey smoke, I have one napping in my humidor, I don't know when I can get to that..What did it take two hours plus ? I've usually have had enough smoke for one cigar at about the hour mark.. after that it starts to make me feel over tobacco-cated % ~
    About that, though I tend not to notice my watch when I am smoking ;) I suggest blocking out at least two hours uninterrupted smoking. Give the wife some money and tell her to go shopping :P
    Smoke=Fire:
    Give the wife some money and tell her to go shopping :P
    Woah that could be dangerous. My wife is entirely capable of bankrupting us in two hours.
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    I didn't think you were. And even if you were, like I would mind? :)
    LOL I hope no one on here ever takes what I say too seriously, unless it is directly about cigars I'm probably kidding.
  • la-henryla-henry Posts: 74
    madurofan:
    Smoke=Fire:
    Woah that could be dangerous. My wife is entirely capable of bankrupting us in two hours.
    Really??? 2 hours......thats pretty damn impressive. well i guess it wouldn't be too bad if you just gave her one of those visa gift cards, then she could only spend a certain amount. Unfortunately it would have to be an ungodly amount of money to make sure that she was gone for 2 full hours.
    la-henry:
    madurofan:
    Smoke=Fire:
    Really??? 2 hours......thats pretty damn impressive. well i guess it wouldn't be too bad if you just gave her one of those visa gift cards, then she could only spend a certain amount. Unfortunately it would have to be an ungodly amount of money to make sure that she was gone for 2 full hours.
    You're kidding me, right? Do you know how much time my wife just spends ~looking~ at things, before she even decides what to buy? About the 800th time she asks me "What do you think" I'm a drooling idiot, wondering if the alarm will really go off when I crash out the fire exit.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Well here we go with the first Holiday Story!

I just got back from watching the fireworks in a local park (This township likes to do the fireworks on the night before for some reason)

Getting ready for some pyrotechnics I light up a cigar (One I don't know, just had a large green X on the label) and begin to enjoy about an inch of this near churchill sized champion and all-of-a-sudden a Man yells out to me

"Hey buddy nice Cigar, it smells GREAT!"

I then realize that this man is packing up his family and leaving the grass about 30ft. away to move about 100yds. down the field all the while furrowing his brow.

The best part was that after he had his "Ace-Hole" remark and my many nights watching this forum I thought he was actually serious and I said "Thank YOU!!!" and the thought crossed my mind to offer him one!

After the initial thought that a BOTL was commenting on my fine Stick, and the reality that this guy was a bigger Douche than the president of Summer's Eve set in I immediately told my girlfiriend OUT LOUD that all the gentleman had to do was ASK and I would have moved to the street to finish (Just to make sure the others around me felt they could approach me if it DID bother them) Fortunately no one had any other problem and I finished the stick in peace and got one Helluva show!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    He's got worse problems...he's probably an Obama supporter. It's one thing for us to be curtious and move away from those that don't enjoy cigars as we do but when I guy doesn't have the NADS to ask in the first place then screw him.
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    I started the 4th off with an Alec Bradley Ovation Cameroon while I was getting the smoker ready for the pork shoulders. Since I had a big mound of charcoal and oak chips from used whiskey barrels burning nearby, I wasn't able to get a good feeling of the cigar itself, but I have a few more to try.

The meat has been on for an hour and a half, so now I'm off to get a few hours sleep while the cooking is underway, before (more) guests start showing up.