Home Non Cigar Related

Les Paul

kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
for those who know me, they know that another passion i have in life is music. specifically, the guitar.

i just heard on the news a moment ago that Les Paul an innovator in the field of electric guitars has died at the age of 94

Mr. Paul, you will be missed.

Comments

• nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    for those who know me, they know that another passion i have in life is music. specifically, the guitar.

i just heard on the news a moment ago that Les Paul an innovator in the field of electric guitars has died at the age of 94

Mr. Paul, you will be missed.

I just got saw the news too... I'm so sad right now. But I knew the Kuz would post something. Thanks Kuzi.

I just want to take the day off from work and play my guitar all day now.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    This is indead a sad day and I think I'm going to go home after work and pull my Les out of the closet, dust it off, pour a drink, light a cigar, and sit on the balcony and pick away at it for a while. I haven't played in 6+ months... Thats just too damn long.
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    A classic design... He will be missed... Unfortunately the consumer machine will make some good money on this... Anyway... Ima go pluck on my Ibanez Exotic Wood Series EW50MPSE Acoustic-Electric Guitar ;)...
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I picked up my guitar today too as a tribute to the man who gave us what is my favorite guitar.. and, who undoubtedly paved the way for rock and roll music. Another little known fact, Les created an early prototype for multi track recording. Recording individual instruments then stacking them and playing them all together onto one tape.
  • Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    At least he had a good, long run and got to play the music that he loved for so long. He will be missed, and remembered.
  • brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    Truly the end of an era.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Dude Love:
    At least he had a good, long run and got to play the music that he loved for so long. He will be missed, and remembered.
    Yo' Dude Love.. It's been a while bro. Where you been ?