Home Cigar 101

Humidor maintanence

I am looking for information a good 50-100 cigar box, and how to best maintain it.

I am new to the site, met a guy via a concert last week who swore by this site and said it was the best place to learn and maintain my aspiring collection of not so great cigars ( maybe ill be in the big leagues one day lol).

Any information would be beneficial.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    if you are looking for a wood humi then any of them sold on this site will work.

just remember to go bigger.

if you are looking for a 50 count because you want to be able to buy a box, then go with a 300ct.
    if you are looking for a 150ct because you will "never need than many cigars" then buy a 1200ct.
    if you are looking for a 1000ct because it will be a good end table, buy a 5,000ct cabinet.
    if you are looking for a cabinet, just build a walk in.
    if you are looking to build a walk in, just buy yourself your own shop.
    if you already have your own shop, quit your ****!!

as far as maintaining the humidor, beads, kitty litter, and Xikar gel all seem to be popular. some are better than others depending on size. if you go BIG (over 500ct) then you should look into active humidification as opposed to passive (all those i listed)
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    I'm actually preparing to convert an extra room in my house into a bar/cigar lounge. I kept thinking about just getting a cabinet to put in the corner, but am now really working on the details of a small walk-in. Looking at your advice I think I'm making the right choice.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    kuzi16:
    I'm actually preparing to convert an extra room in my house into a bar/cigar lounge. I kept thinking about just getting a cabinet to put in the corner, but am now really working on the details of a small walk-in. Looking at your advice I think I'm making the right choice.

Maybe then you'll invite us over
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    SleevePlz:
    kuzi16:
    I was able to get a wine closet in the plans for our basement remodel but was unable to convince the wife on the walk-in humidor. Hope yours works out for you.
  • thanks. I currently us a travel humidor, but I only keep around 20 cigars in it.

Thanks a ton.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your wanting something for looks then a humis the way to go. But lots of people on here just use Tupperware, coolers and even just double bag ziplock bags with a humi pillow or Boveda pack.New of course and you got to open them once in a while so they can breathe.