Home Non Cigar Related

Lookin' around this big ol' country of ours...

perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
So as I've said before I'm on the job hunt and looking at different areas to find the right place and right opportunity. Once again, turning to my BOTL brain trust: do any of know much about Cape Girardeau, MO; Manhattan, KS; or Huntington Beach, CA? What little I know of Huntington Beach comes from surfer movies and, I think, Point Break. :) Been through the LA area before, but not that area specifically.

Comments

• macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Manhattan Ks... while it has changed due to growth it is a really cool town. It is a college town so population fluctuates with the school year. My wife and I both lived there during our attendance at K-State.
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Don't know the others, but I have been to Huntington Beach (relatives who live there). Yes, there are plenty of surfers on the beach, but also plenty of ugliness once you get off it. The beach itself isn't that pretty--lots of ships and structures around. There are some nice neighborhoods, but also a large number of run down and very poor and unsafe neighborhoods. But even there housing prices will still be outrageous, even though CA housing prices fell more than most states in the Great Recession.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cape Giradeau is a nice town. Go by it all the time. But it rest pretty close to a fault line that connects to the New Madrid fault line. And it's way past due to go off.
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    If you have any specific questions feel free to pick the brain on Manhattan.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    perkinke:
    So as I've said before I'm on the job hunt and looking at different areas to find the right place and right opportunity. Once again, turning to my BOTL brain trust: do any of know much about Cape Girardeau, MO; Manhattan, KS; or Huntington Beach, CA? What little I know of Huntington Beach comes from surfer movies and, I think, Point Break. :) Been through the LA area before, but not that area specifically.
    I went to college in Cap Girardeau, MO......I am your resource for that fine city of rednecks and drunk college students.