Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Allow myself to reintroduce .... myself. Contest

madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
I just wanted to put together a little contest to reintroduce myself to the forum. I've been away a lot lately and a lot of new people have come on board and a lot of old favorites have sadly left. Anyways here's a fun little get to know me contest. I have no idea what the prize will be it could be anything from a 5 pack to your own B&M. Though it will likely be closer to the former than the latter.

The best part of this contest is the winner is not who gets the most correct but who answers one particular question correctly. If more than one person gets it correct I have a backup question out of the ones listed below and then if more than one person gets both correct I have a #3 question and so on.

When filling out any paperwork what do I list as my profession?

What is my favorite cigar to have with a bourbon?

How many cigars are in my collection?(round to the nearest 25)

What current and/or previous members of this forum have I met in person?

Kuzi and I have an on going argument that is really more of a joke than a real argument. What is it?

Another forum member and I came up with an idea to blind taste test cigars based on country. This eventually led to Alex's introducing the forum blend in a roundabout sort of way. Who was this other member?

A former forum member, Urbino, and j0zer turned me on to a cigar that has now made its way into my Top 5. What cigar is it?

I have one "real" humidor and two non-traditional humidors. I bought them all from the same place, what is that place?

What is my biggest pet pieve when I'm in a B&M?

There is only one manufacturer(i.e. General Cigar, Altadis, Oliva) of cigars I would never buy again. Name it.

Good Luck. You can only guess once per question but you can answer one question at a time if you so choose. For example today you answered the first question tommorrow you answered the 5th and 7th question. However, DO NOT edit your posts. If I see a post that was edited you will be disqualified. Feel free to let me know if you see anyone else edit a post. Should be fun.

Oh and this ends next Friday. Winner will be posted by Monday the 24th.

Comments

• Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    I have no idea :)! Good luck to everybody! I am interested in the answers...
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Hint hint: use the search on here to find a lot of these answers.

There is no harm in guessing either.
    LOL... OK... You apparently like a spicy, full bodied cigar with an American Honey bourbon... But if it was the last thing you could choose you would go with Evan Single Barrel bourbon and a vintage Montecristo or Cohiba Limitada. That's what my intensive search yielded ;). I can post exact citations too ;)... Cheers!
    Kuzi and I have an on going argument that is really more of a joke than a real argument. What is it?

Maybe about the schip tax? That's a guess...
    Dude! I need a special award! ;) I am spending way too much time searching throughout this forum for answer to your questions haahaha... I must say the search engine here is not very good. it sucks actually... But at least I read some interesting posts... Gonna give up from searching now though - too much energy - my eyes hurt lol... ok.. Cheers!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Renaissance_Man:

the only one im gunna get right....

nah... ill stay out of this. youve already sent me enough cigars.
    kuzi16:
    Renaissance_Man:

the only one im gunna get right....

nah... ill stay out of this. youve already sent me enough cigars.
    Come on, jump on in ... the water's nice.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Ive been around on here almost as long as you maddy, but I can't answer any of these!

"Long ashes my friends."

• brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    I think I know this one... Another forum member and I came up with an idea to blind taste test cigars based on country. This eventually led to Alex's introducing the forum blend in a roundabout sort of way. Who was this other member? Duty
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    When filling out any paperwork what do I list as my profession? Software Consultant

What is my favorite cigar to have with a bourbon? Tatuaje Cojonu 2003

How many cigars are in my collection?(round to the nearest 25) 650

What current and/or previous members of this forum have I met in person? Scrambler, bbc020...uh...

Kuzi and I have an on going argument that is really more of a joke than a real argument. What is it? Rocky vs. Gurkha. Padilla wins by a landslide.

Another forum member and I came up with an idea to blind taste test cigars based on country. This eventually led to Alex's introducing the forum blend in a roundabout sort of way. Who was this other member? Duty

A former forum member, Urbino, and j0zer turned me on to a cigar that has now made its way into my Top 5. What cigar is it? Perdomo ESV '91 (segundo)

I have one "real" humidor and two non-traditional humidors. I bought them all from the same place, what is that place? Walmart. (coolers)

What is my biggest pet pieve when I'm in a B&M? Staff Knowledge...or lack thereof.

There is only one manufacturer(i.e. General Cigar, Altadis, Oliva) of cigars I would never buy again. Name it. Ashton.

If you can't tell, my answers are the bold parts. :)
    Oh and maddy, please don't DQ me, I edited in the last disclaimer about my answers, nothing else was touched. Scout's honor.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I'll refrain from this contest...I already won maddy's picture contest by default, plus Jozer just put all the answers I think I would have put, good job Joe.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Im guessing here without searching:

When filling out any paperwork what do I list as my profession? Software Consultant

What is my favorite cigar to have with a bourbon? RP OWR Maduro

How many cigars are in my collection?(round to the nearest 25) 925

What current and/or previous members of this forum have I met in person? Urbino, Kuzi, that guy who shave w a sword.

Kuzi and I have an on going argument that is really more of a joke than a real argument. What is it? Rocky vs. Gurkha. Of course this hurst most of Kuzi's credibilty as RP is so much better! JK about the cred Kuzi, but not the RP!

Another forum member and I came up with an idea to blind taste test cigars based on country. This eventually led to Alex's introducing the forum blend in a roundabout sort of way. Who was this other member? See thw sword

A former forum member, Urbino, and j0zer turned me on to a cigar that has now made its way into my Top 5. What cigar is it? Perdomo ESV '91

I have one "real" humidor and two non-traditional humidors. I bought them all from the same place, what is that place? Walmart. (coolers)

What is my biggest pet pieve when I'm in a B&M? Staff bugging you.

There is only one manufacturer(i.e. General Cigar, Altadis, Oliva) of cigars I would never buy again. Name it. Ghurka see argument above

• MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    madurofan:

A former forum member, Urbino, and j0zer turned me on to a cigar that has now made its way into my Top 5. What cigar is it?

Perdomo ESV 91
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    madurofan:

Their prices can't compete with CCOM.

madurofan:

There is only one manufacturer(i.e. General Cigar, Altadis, Oliva) of cigars I would never buy again. Name it.

Camacho.

These were just guesses, but I'm fairly sure on my other answer.
    Nice guesses so far guys. Keep 'em coming! I will say that no one has answered THE question correctly so its still up in the air.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    When filling out any paperwork what do I list as my profession? IT Consultant

What is my favorite cigar to have with a bourbon? CG:4 Illusione

How many cigars are in my collection?(round to the nearest 25) 525

What current and/or previous members of this forum have I met in person?Kuzi, Joe, Urby, Gmill?

Kuzi and I have an on going argument that is really more of a joke than a real argument. What is it? The Quality of Gurkha's and if they are actually worth the price and that Kuzi is a Gurkha ****

Another forum member and I came up with an idea to blind taste test cigars based on country. This eventually led to Alex's introducing the forum blend in a roundabout sort of way. Who was this other member? Doody

A former forum member, Urbino, and j0zer turned me on to a cigar that has now made its way into my Top 5. What cigar is it? Perdomo

I have one "real" humidor and two non-traditional humidors. I bought them all from the same place, what is that place? Ebay

What is my biggest pet pieve when I'm in a B&M? Pesky Sales Attendants

There is only one manufacturer(i.e. General Cigar, Altadis, Oliva) of cigars I would never buy again. Name it. I don't know why, but I'ma say NUB
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    When filling out any paperwork what do I list as my profession? - Slipper/Footwear Model

What is my favorite cigar to have with a bourbon? - Phillie Grape Blunts, but Wine Black and Milds will do in a pinch

How many cigars are in my collection?(round to the nearest 25) - 725

What current and/or previous members of this forum have I met in person? - Scrambler, Kuzi, Gmill, Jozer

Kuzi and I have an on going argument that is really more of a joke than a real argument. What is it? - Who looks better in Victoria's Secret Lingerie, Rosie O'Donnel or Rush Limbaugh

Another forum member and I came up with an idea to blind taste test cigars based on country. This eventually led to Alex's introducing the forum blend in a roundabout sort of way. Who was this other member? - Kuzi

A former forum member, Urbino, and j0zer turned me on to a cigar that has now made its way into my Top 5. What cigar is it? - Dutchmaster El Supreme Tubos

I have one "real" humidor and two non-traditional humidors. I bought them all from the same place, what is that place? - Ebay

What is my biggest pet pieve when I'm in a B&M? - Everyone recognizing you from your slipper ads and asking for your autograph

There is only one manufacturer(i.e. General Cigar, Altadis, Oliva) of cigars I would never buy again. Name it. - Gurkha

• LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    When filling out any paperwork what do I list as my profession? - Slipper/Footwear Model

What is my favorite cigar to have with a bourbon? - Phillie Grape Blunts, but Wine Black and Milds will do in a pinch

How many cigars are in my collection?(round to the nearest 25) - 725

What current and/or previous members of this forum have I met in person? - Scrambler, Kuzi, Gmill, Jozer

Kuzi and I have an on going argument that is really more of a joke than a real argument. What is it? - Who looks better in Victoria's Secret Lingerie, Rosie O'Donnel or Rush Limbaugh

Another forum member and I came up with an idea to blind taste test cigars based on country. This eventually led to Alex's introducing the forum blend in a roundabout sort of way. Who was this other member? - Kuzi

A former forum member, Urbino, and j0zer turned me on to a cigar that has now made its way into my Top 5. What cigar is it? - Dutchmaster El Supreme Tubos

I have one "real" humidor and two non-traditional humidors. I bought them all from the same place, what is that place? - Ebay

What is my biggest pet pieve when I'm in a B&M? - Everyone recognizing you from your slipper ads and asking for your autograph

There is only one manufacturer(i.e. General Cigar, Altadis, Oliva) of cigars I would never buy again. Name it. - Gurkha

God I hope he wins............
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Biggest pet pieve in a B&M? People stickng a stick half-way up their nose trying to smell it and then laying it back down and not buying it !!! ( At least thats my pet pieve anyways)
    ill fill this out. however, im not trying too hard. like i said, youve already sent me too many cigars.

When filling out any paperwork what do I list as my profession? - - Entertainer

What is my favorite cigar to have with a bourbon? -- RP decade

How many cigars are in my collection?(round to the nearest 25) -- 500

What current and/or previous members of this forum have I met in person? -- BBC, Duty, ....

Kuzi and I have an on going argument that is really more of a joke than a real argument. What is it? -- RP vs. Gurkha (even though camacho is better than both...)

Another forum member and I came up with an idea to blind taste test cigars based on country. This eventually led to Alex's introducing the forum blend in a roundabout sort of way. Who was this other member? -- me, you, duty

A former forum member, Urbino, and j0zer turned me on to a cigar that has now made its way into my Top 5. What cigar is it? -- Sol Cubano cuban cabinet

I have one "real" humidor and two non-traditional humidors. I bought them all from the same place, what is that place? -- 49.95
    Guess 2 -- just three easy payments of $19.95

What is my biggest pet pieve when I'm in a B&M? -- the guy that follows you like a puppy.

There is only one manufacturer(i.e. General Cigar, Altadis, Oliva) of cigars I would never buy again. Name it.-- Gurkha

Removed! Thought we had 24 hour rule.

Hey fourto, didn't you already submit some answers? :)
    Fourtotheflush:
    Rocky vs. Gurkha. Of course this hurts most of Kuzi's credibilty as RP is so much better! JK about the cred Kuzi, but not the RP!
    most people would think that this would hurt my credibility.

it doesnt.

it hurts Rocky's....

but seriously, the blending styles of each company are very distinct to that company. im fairly sure that i could identify what company (between the two) the cigar came from if i was blind folded...

even if i had never had that cigar before.

i just happen to like the blending style of Gurkha better. this of course, does not take into account price. given all the other options out there at the moment, im not sure i would buy from either right now. maybe a 1990 or a regent but i doubt even that. im just kinda done with both.
  • 4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    madurofan:

When they won't leave you alone.
    I did, but I thought it was 24 hour rule and submit as many times as you want. Ill go back and read the rules. I did see no editing. I dont remember seeing only 1 post.
    j0z3r:
    Hey fourto, didn't you already submit some answers? :)

You are correct, I will take down my second post.

"You can only guess once per question "

Sorry about that four. Just trying to change the rules up a little bit make it different. Remember if no one gets THE question right then it moves to the next question and so on. So dont sweat it, everyone is still in the running.
    NP my mistake.
    thats it no more?