Home Cigar 101

My cigars are wet

So last night I filled up my humidifying agent, stuck it back in my humidor and went to sleep, and this afternoon when I peered in there to check up on things, my hygrometer read exactly 70 but my humidifying agent had fallen of the roof of my humidor and was resting face down on 3 of my A. Fernandez robustos. Basically, those 3 cigars are pretty wet, and im wondering what I should do to salvage them, they've obviosly been exposed to WAY to much humidity. Has anyone ever had this happen to them? If so what did you do? What I've done for now is just taken them out of the humidor and leave them there to dry off until they're mostly dry, and then I plan to just stick 'em back in.

Comments

• 4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    I'd go ahead and put them back in. If there's one thing I've read about cigars it's that it's best if things happen slowly. You may damage them more by drying them in the superdry outside air rather than in the humidor slowly.
  • T. GervaisT. Gervais Posts: 239
    Update: What I've done now is after letting the 3 robustos sit out for no more than and hour, their wrappers no longer looked or felt wet, so I put them back into my humidor and swapped out the humidifying agent, thinking that my other cigars might draw moisture out of the still damp cigars and bring balance back to their world lol.
    I should probably invest in one of those Humi-care cigar jars for like 6 dollars, considering my humidifier will go to 80% anyway if I let it.
  • 4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    Heartfeldt (sp?) beads is where it's at. I got some a few weeks ago and havne't worried about humidity since.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've had something similar happen before, I just moved the cigar to a different part of the humidor and let it get back to normal. The cigar wasn't harmed, only slightly discolored.
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. And yeah I placed the 3 sticks in question to a more remote corner of my humidor, farther from the source of humidity, and from some of my more valued singles
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Just stick in back in. I had the same thing happen with a Padilla Series 68 Robusto. I put it back in a didn't touch it for a couple months. A little discoloration was the only negative affect.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    yeah....
    this is kinda why i dont attach anything to the top of the humidor anymore.
    It's been almost 2 months now and I plan on smoking one of them soon. We'll see what its like
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    T. Gervais:
    It's been almost 2 months now and I plan on smoking one of them soon. We'll see what its like
    Musty?
    I'm smoking one right now and it is fantastic :) Highly recommend these, they're a new favorite for me.