Home Non Cigar Related

He's a Weiner again

beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
How can his wife and the women of this country stand behind this immature little man?
Oh, wait, she learned from Hillary!.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/23/huma-abedin-anthony-weiner-sex-scandal_n_3641790.html

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe's he's just trying to show he has staying power.....
    no,
    ........wait
    he needs a slogan, you know:

"Mayor Bloomberg was an elitist, a Rolex, I'm more of a Timex, I can take a licking and keep on"........no

.........wait

he needs a theme song

"I know a cat named way out......" mmm, no,

too on the nose.

I know! Kodachrome, "mamma don't take my kodachrome ........"

no

no message............
    I give up, what do we do with this guy?

wait, the dream team, Tennessee's former congressman Bill ****!

no...you need two different sides of a coin.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    wait, the dream team, Tennessee's former congressman Bill ****!Hillary Clinton

Get it 'cause she's a c***. ;P
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When he first got in trouble and before he resigned, I had my students do a paper on the situation and express their opinions wheter he should resign or not. By the time the paper came due, he had already resigned.

One of my students opened his paper with, "New York State has lost it's Weiner!" I gave him an "A" just for his opening line!
    Ken Light:
    Amos Umwhat:

Ken, Ken, Ken. we've got to get you out of this way of thinking. Stop holding back, no use beating around "the bush", tell us what you really think!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    How can his wife and the women of this country stand behind this immature little man?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/23/huma-abedin-anthony-weiner-sex-scandal_n_3641790.html
    though I do think he needs to grow up ... however as a person who doesn't run on family values and all that crap what is the big deal? Sure he's a moron but hardly as bad as say vitter or other's in the GOP who actually cheat on their wives and do other "extra marital" things. Sure either way it's bad but like I said he never ran on this family values stuff so really other than this just being creepy and he's being an idiot it really shouldn't matter.

my problem is the people who run on family values then poo all over them when in office then come out and say, oh i made a mistake and I talked to god and he helped me. Vitter, Sanford, Newt, and the list can go on.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    beatnic:

though I do think he needs to grow up ... however as a person who doesn't run on family values and all that crap what is the big deal? Sure he's a moron but hardly as bad as say vitter or other's in the GOP who actually cheat on their wives and do other "extra marital" things. Sure either way it's bad but like I said he never ran on this family values stuff so really other than this just being creepy and he's being an idiot it really shouldn't matter.

my problem is the people who run on family values then poo all over them when in office then come out and say, oh i made a mistake and I talked to god and he helped me. Vitter, Sanford, Newt, and the list can go on.
    I agree mostly. It would be nice if someday the choice for an office wasn't either "idiot" or "hypocrite".
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    phobicsquirrel:
    beatnic:

Because you don't run on it its' OK? Odd reasoning.
    It will matter to the voters because now most folks think he's just too creepy.
    He's not gonna be mayor, and Huma isn't going to get to be queen of NYC.
    Not really... Hey I'm godly and believe in family ... then does hookers and cheats and all that .....

Well I didn't think people would elect Rom Emanual but they did ... And now they are really po'd. Strange how that works, I mean the guy was a crook a while ago. Will Weenie win, I dunno but when he was in congress and not sending pics of his **** he did a lot of good work.
    phobicsquirrel:
    Not really... Hey I'm godly and believe in family ... then does hookers and cheats and all that .....

Well I didn't think people would elect Rom Emanual but they did ... And now they are really po'd. Strange how that works, I mean the guy was a crook a while ago. Will Weenie win, I dunno but when he was in congress and not sending pics of his **** he did a lot of good work.
    God help NYC.
    beatnic:
    phobicsquirrel:

God help NYC.
    NYC is currently under the thumb of a fascist wannabe dictator. It's nearly a police state in major subway hubs at this point, with armed military and everything. Yes, God help NYC. Or Buddha or Zeus or even Weiner.
    Ken Light:
    beatnic:
    phobicsquirrel:

God help NYC.
    NYC is currently under the thumb of a fascist wannabe dictator. It's nearly a police state in major subway hubs at this point, with armed military and everything. Yes, God help NYC. Or Buddha or Zeus or even Weiner.
    this really is the conundrum, isn't it? Weiner might be an improvement. I can't think of any politician in our country that I have a lower opinion of than Bloomberg, and that's saying a lot.

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    phobicsquirrel:
    my problem is the people who run on family values then poo all over them when in office
    Because you don't run on it its' OK? Odd reasoning.
    Eggs Ackley.

But absolutely standard illogic among all my liberal friends, ever since Slick Willy.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    Ken Light:
    Amos Umwhat:

Ken, Ken, Ken. we've got to get you out of this way of thinking. Stop holding back, no use beating around "the bush", tell us what you really think!
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
    raisindot:
    Amos Umwhat:
    Ken Light:
    Amos Umwhat:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
    I was starting to wonder if anyone noticed ;)

Amos Umwhat:
    Ken Light:
    beatnic:
    phobicsquirrel:

God help NYC.
    this really is the conundrum, isn't it? Weiner might be an improvement. I can't think of any politician in our country that I have a lower opinion of than Bloomberg, and that's saying a lot.
    Really? Huh. Sure the dude is a stain but the people voted for him. I mean they deserve what they get. But I really doubt he's the worst. Look at scott in Florida or even brewer in Arizona. I really don't think there is any way to really have a contest for the worst, many - too many are rotten.
    phobicsquirrel:
    Amos Umwhat:
    Ken Light:
    beatnic:
    phobicsquirrel:

God help NYC.
    Really? Huh. Sure the dude is a stain but the people voted for him. I mean they deserve what they get. But I really doubt he's the worst. Look at scott in Florida or even brewer in Arizona. I really don't think there is any way to really have a contest for the worst, many - too many are rotten.
    Florida might have policies you don't agree with, and Arizona might treat one segment of it's population a bit poorly, but nothing compares to hearing side by side announcements in the subway that "Officers have the right to inspect any and all bags at all times" and "The NYPD reminds you that safety is your responsibility" within the same minute. Oh, while walking by a homeless guy who can no longer scrounge up change for a extra large soda, now he's gotta get 2 or 3 for a much larger price. Want to have a smoke to calm that rage? Best of luck finding somewhere. Quick, hold your breath, though, mass transit buses are gushing smoke in the face of you and the homeless guy. All this stuff might make you want to just grab a couple slices to treat yourself for making it through the day, but wait, how many calories are in them? Did you really have to put that on the sign? Well, I guess it's time to take up arms and take back the city. Oh, but how hard is it to own a gun? And what, there's new laws that went unannounced and people are losing existing permits? Surely that's not a gun in the nice fellow in the blue bandana's waistband, I'm sure he really needs directions. I mean, there's laws against anything different, right?
    Yeah I know NY is really f'd right now however I look at the subway the same as the airports but less invasive. The extra large soda thing, though I do agree with it I do also think it should be someone's choice though in reality most people who drink them are usually poverty stricken folk. Now I don't live in NY but in my area I usually see the people living in poverty areas digging down large soft drinks and smoking ... a lot. I swing by a quicky mart once and a while and most of the people (adults) are always buying cigarettes. Thing is when does a society look at the things that are really costing it.

Soda is bad for you, and large ones like that are really bad. Now in Oregon we have the oregon health plan which is for low income people. Now if people on those programs were not allowed to drink stuff like that or eat horrible food then health care costs would lower, they would be healthy and my tax dollars wouldn't be as wasted. Now does govt have the right to tell them that? Well perhaps if they are taking money from tax payers.
    phobicsquirrel:
    Yeah I know NY is really f'd right now however I look at the subway the same as the airports but less invasive. The extra large soda thing, though I do agree with it I do also think it should be someone's choice though in reality most people who drink them are usually poverty stricken folk. Now I don't live in NY but in my area I usually see the people living in poverty areas digging down large soft drinks and smoking ... a lot. I swing by a quicky mart once and a while and most of the people (adults) are always buying cigarettes. Thing is when does a society look at the things that are really costing it.

Soda is bad for you, and large ones like that are really bad. Now in Oregon we have the oregon health plan which is for low income people. Now if people on those programs were not allowed to drink stuff like that or eat horrible food then health care costs would lower, they would be healthy and my tax dollars wouldn't be as wasted. Now does govt have the right to tell them that? Well perhaps if they are taking money from tax payers.
    The birth of a conservative?
    beatnic:
    phobicsquirrel:

The birth of a conservative?
    Well in real terms I guess you could say I am. Though what the modern day conservative has become I am not.
    A few tweaks here and there, you'll be voting conservative before its' all over.
    phobicsquirrel:

I forgot about the buying cigarettes part. Herr Bloomberg wants them out of view now.

Mayors aren't den mothers. They're not supposed to keep citizens healthy. They're supposed to fix roads and create jobs. If you're over 18 and still need parental guidance there are mental institutions, rehab centers, prisons, and the military (no offense to military out there, don't mean to lump it in with the other three, but it seems to me a good way to take care of people who need to grow up in addition to being a good way to serve the country) where people are paid and trained to provide that sort of instruction and structure/care.

Besides that, the government needs to allow more people to kill themselves in ways that don't harm others. I know people say it costs tax dollars with some mystical hand-waving explanation, but I just don't see the impact, it's an ounce compared to the ocean of other things we're taxed to pay for and it doesn't mean a thing. There are over a billion people on this planet. Let some of them die, especially if it's of their own volition. That might be callous, but I don't really care.